This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining successful operations of an assigned area, department, or shift of the warehouse/distribution center. It ensures that the department has adequate staffing, proper training, the needed tools and resources, standards of productivity, safety and sanitation, and proper procedures of stocking, selection, and quality that will meet customer demands for accurate, quality, on-time deliveries.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Direct and motivate teammates.
- Communicate company and division information to teammates.
- Listen, address and follow-up to teammate concerns, questions and problems.
- Facilitate communication within the warehouse leadership team and between division/warehouse leadership and teammates.
- Understand DC goals and standards, implement department procedures to meet those standards, and promote them to and gain buy-in and positive results from teammates; standards may include but will not be limited to: productivity, order quality, damages, shrinkage, safety, sanitation, turnover and overtime.
- Ensure department and warehouse procedures will cut unnecessary costs, add value for customers, and improve morale and the work environment for teammates.
- Ensure the work environment is maintained in a clean and safe manner following government, company and Silliker standards.
- Supervise and manage daily work of department teammates.
- Create and maintain schedules and job assignments of department teammates.
- Maintain all departmental paperwork.
- Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable workforce.
- Provide coaching/corrective action, training and development for teammates.
- Enforce all Distribution Center policies and issue coaching/corrective action as needed.
- Ensure adherence to proper operational and safety procedures.
- Be a visible and a vocal advocate for safety.
- Relieve other supervisor(s) during their vacations.
- Comply with company work and safety rules.
- Follow directions.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center; work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division.
- Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38°F to 110°F; a supervisor assigned to the freezer must be able to periodically work in temperatures as cold as -10°F.
- Periodically stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head as needed.
- Have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Preferably have a Bachelor’s Degree in business, logistics or a related field OR have equivalent experience internal or external to McLane.
- Have a minimum of 3 years distribution warehouse experience, preferably in the grocery industry.
- Have experience leading large numbers of warehouse staff with experience in hiring, training, motivating and resolving employee relation’s issues.
- Have computer knowledge to include experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead by example.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be willing to listen and respond to teammates.
- Have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and teammates.
- Have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Be able to successfully pass education/experience verifications, drug screen and criminal background check.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center; material movement takes place throughout the facility.
- This position requires the teammate to work inside the majority of the time.
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
- This position has official supervisory responsibilities.
McLane - 23 months ago
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...