To provide direction and supervision within the Residences to all Nurses and AMAP staff in regard to medical care and Medication Administration along with direct medical support to consumers with Developmental Disabilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the direct supervision of OPWDD nursing staff
- Responsible for the Direct Supervision for all staff providing Medication Administration and medical support to consumers within the residential program for individuals with Developmental Disabilities
- Ensures that program meets the guidelines and regulations which govern the residential operations in regard to medical care
- Ensure that the program has adequately and appropriately planned for medication staff and monitors for effective medical care
- Ensures the proper documentation and reporting of all administration of medication along with all other medical care provided the consumers based on Agency and OMRDD guidelines
- Ensures the review of all doctors orders, prescriptions and medical information to provide quality medical care to all consumers
- Reports all incidents of improper administration of medication or failure to follow doctors orders
- Monitors, distributes and documents all training to staff and consumers in regard to medical care and medication administration
Notifies management of and follows up on any emergency medical care for consumers
- On call for emergencies and reports as indicated by program guidelines
- Oversees the weekly completion of the medical tracking sheet
- Responds to on call within 20 minutes of such calls
- Ensures that Quality Improvement goals for in regard to all medical areas
- Works collaboratively with the Quality Assurance Team to ensure the best outcomes for the program and consumers
- Compile Medical Reports and Data for consumers Annual and Semiannual Reviews
- Work closely with staff and consumers to ensure that the medical well-being of all consumers
- Coordinate all consumer s medical care in the residence and ensures that needed information is shared with all providers of service to the consumer
- Participates in all Annual and Semiannual Meetings regarding Consumer Care
- Assigns, reviews and documents all consumer medical care in a monthly note for each consumer
- Provides medical supervision to all staff who work within the residence
- Acts as primary liaison with Families, Advocates and Medicaid Service Coordinators in regard to the medical care of the consumer
- Ensures that a safe, clean environment is maintained for consumers
- Ensure that all documentation of participation and training in consumer specific medical conditions is adequate and meets the standards for staff to provide good medical care outlined in the nursing care plan and res hob plan
- Ensure that all reports of injuries are reported and handled appropriately
- Represents the Agency with medical providers to the consumers
- Provides immediate reports to managers of any discrepancies found on the Medication Administration sheets or in the consumers medical care
- Provides ongoing feedback to the director and Executive Staff on any concerns regarding consumers medical care within the program
- Notifies the Managers at least one month in advance of any needed routine medical appointments that they should be scheduling
- Acts as OPWDD liaison for all medical issues
- RN, prefer BSN, at least 2 years work experience as an RN
- Valid NYS Drivers License
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Bilingual if needed.
- Ability toprovide medical and clinical supervision to Nurses, AMAP staff and program staff in regard to medication administration and medical care for the consumers.
- Knowledge of Developmental Disabilities
- Exceptional Listening and Analysis Skills to assist in the medical care for all consumers a heightened sense of Quality Improvement in providing medical leadership to the program.
- Excellent knowledge of nursing practice in regard to DD and Residential Services
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Able to encourage positive attitude toward consumers capabilities and limitations due to the consumers disabilities.
Leake & Watts - 21 months ago
Leake & Watts has been providing social services for over 180 years, continually expanding our programs to meet the changing needs of...