Guest Service Requirement
Our philosophy at Ameristar Casinos is to proudly deliver a quality customer experience in a fun and friendly atmosphere, while working together to provide our team members with personal and professional growth opportunities. Because of this philosophy, it is critical that all team members understand the importance of excellent guest service. All of our positions, whether corporate, back of house, management, or front of house require a friendly personality and a willingness to interact and provide fun, professional and friendly guest service. Guests are not our only customers; fellow team members are our internal customers as well. By joining the Ameristar team, you are committing yourself to these values and acknowledging your dedication to providing excellent guest service for our guests and our internal team, at all times.
Safety is a core value at Ameristar Casinos. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement of every position. Each Team Member is also expected to be committed to the safety of fellow Team Members and our guests and demonstrate that commitment through daily actions.
Conduct gaming activity and currency transactions according to prescribed procedure and Indiana Gaming Commission regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides fast, flawless, personalized service to players.
- Conducts assigned game according to procedure
- Cooperates with other dealers when assigned to the same game, controls the pace of the game.
- Informs the floorperson/Boxperson of any requests or unusual play.
- Issues to guests the proper amount of gaming chips after completion of the credit authorization procedures.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time in a smoke filled environment, bending mobility required.
- Able to handle monetary transaction with a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to communicate clearly and tactfully.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Acknowledges, greets and converses in English with all guests, offering assistance and information to anyone showing an interest in gaming.
- Consistently builds and maintains rapport with guests.
- Able to add, multiply, divide and subtract accurately to figure payoffs.
- Previous guest service position preferred.
- Strong guest service orientation.
Required Natural Behaviors
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Required Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have previous dealing experience with at least TWO main games (BJ/CRAPS/ROULETTE/BACCARAT/PAIGOW/CARNIVAL GAMES)
Ameristar Casinos - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard