Description of the Position:
Responsible for the accuracy and professional, proficient manner in dealing a specific table game according to the Valley View Casino’s policies and procedures and in compliance with Gaming regulations. Responsible for possessing outstanding guest service skills and the ability to deal well with the public.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
• All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino’s Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member Guide to Success.
• Responsible for the protection and control of all table games offered in the casino.
• Must be able to count cards with great accuracy and deal a standard industry minimum number of hands.
• Conduct the games in accordance with Valley View Casino’s policies and procedures, handling player transactions and notifying the Floor Supervisor or any irregularities.
• Responsible for protecting the game and all the equipment necessary for operation. Responsible for protecting the integrity of the cards and the rack at all times.
• Advises Floor Supervisor of any player disputes or arguments that may arise during the game.
• Informs Floor Supervisor or other personnel of any important or relevant facts regarding specific players and their actions. Responsible for alerting Floor Supervisor of any suspicious activity, electronic devises, or discrepancies as covered in the policies and procedures.
• Maintains a professional, friendly and courteous atmosphere, providing the guest with a pleasant gaming experience and notifying the supervisor of any guest needs such as cocktails or host service.
• Responsible for greeting every player and using first names when available.
• Promote departmental and property promotions. Responsible for all ongoing and future events and promotions on property.
• Must have knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, etc.) and attendant regulations as well as Valley View Casino’s internal controls, policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a professional and polite presence at all times.
• Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
• Must be able to deal blackjack (pitch) and at least 2 of the following: roulette, pai-gow, or mini-bac.
• Must be able to handle cheques effectively and with accuracy.
• Proven knowledge, training, and/or experience on the assigned game.
• Basic knowledge of all current house procedures.
• Must be able to build relationships with guests.
• Must be able to deal under pressure and handle stress with a professional demeanor.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide audience.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, policy and procedure manuals, and team member handbook.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak English effectively before groups of customers or team members of Valley View Casino.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Must be proficient in payoffs and hands of different mathematical odds for all games.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
• Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
• Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions, skill testing, and math test.
• High school diploma or GED.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Team Member frequently is required to stand and walk.
• Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 15 lbs. on a routine basis and up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
• The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
• The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
• While performing the duties of this job the Team Member must be able to stand for the duration of the shift.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Native American hiring preference applies.
• This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions.
• You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit to the Standards of Excellence.
• Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
• The job description is not a contract for employment.
Valley View Casino and Hotel - 10 months ago