Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via Christi Health is the largest provider of health care services in Kansas. We serve Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior villages and health services.
Position Summary: Provides support to Department Director, and others in the department as needed. Coordinates with staff and tenants day to day operations.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Greets the public.
- Maintains positive and professional relationships with all customers. Utilizes good customer relation skills to assist all components of the organization in person, by e-mail, or on the phone in a courteous, timely and efficient manner.
- Performs administrative support functions for by answering telephone, opening and distributing mail, sending and receiving faxes, transcription, word processing, PowerPoint presentations, maintains filing system, copying correspondence, reports and records.
- Organizes and prepares complex documents and presentations using the knowledge of office technology and multiple software applications. Is current on state-of-the-art office technology and managing the work flow of the office.
- Originates letters, memos, e-mails and other correspondence as needed, with accuracy and clarity.
- Coordinates travel, hotel and care arrangements as necessary; files proper travel reimbursement.
- Coordinates meetings and maintains meeting minutes. (N/A for VCH-P)
- Receives and routes incoming and outgoing mail on the same day. (N/A for VCH-P)
- Schedules meetings and maintains Director’s calendar. (N/A for VCH-P)
- Composes and types correspondence, memos, agendas, minutes, provides copies and distributes.
- Maintains filing in a timely manner.
- Schedules meetings/rooms with the appropriate person, sends notices, arranges catering, etc., as requested.
- Orders office supplies and maintains postage machine. (N/A for VCH-P)
- Assists in coordinating office celebrations and special projects as needed. (N/A for VCH-P)
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CME – Continuing Medical Education Department Additional Duties:
- Provides secretarial and data systems support to CME Manager, CME Coordinator, Skills Lab Coordinator and BLS programs. (N/A for VCH-P)
Education and/or Experience
- High school education or equivalent, additional college or business school preferred.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology and good clerical skills required. (VCH-P only)
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily Word and Excel
- Proficient in State Trauma Registry system (VCH-P only)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing.
- Frequently required to sit, listen, talk, keyboarding 60 – 70% of the time every day
- Occasionally, required to carry or lift items weighing up to 25 lbs for short distances, walk, stand, stoop, bend and reach.
- Occasionally required to carry or lift items weighing up to 25 pounds for short distances.
- Occasionally required to stand or walk.
- Frequently required to sit in a stationary position.
- Occasionally performs activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
- Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as phone calls and customer questions.
- Constantly able to use hands and fingers to type, write, and file.
- Frequently able to use near vision for viewing computer monitor and written materials.
- Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.
- Office work environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Via Christi Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Via Christi Health System - 2 years ago