DEPARTMENT MANAGER COMPUTER - The Hornet Bookstore (#037) |
Business Unit: Higher Education Group
Location: CALIFORNIA (Sacramento)
Requisition Number: fheg-00009084
Job Type: Regular
Business Unit Profile:
Follett Higher Education We help institutions, administrators, faculty and students achieve a shared goal: to fully realize the powerful benefits of higher education. From a community college to a state university, the heartland to the inner city, the East Coast to the West, across the United States and Canada, the needs and requirements of higher learning institutions are as unique as the students they teach. Providing course materials and management services for both local operations and online stores, we are higher education's leading campus retailer and largest wholesaler. Anchored by an assortment of products and services driving access and affordability - including Rent-A-Text and our digital textbook platform CafeScribe - Follett Higher Education Group continues to see growth across our channels, evolving our bookstores of today to the campus stores of tomorrow. Internet. Please visit our website to learn more at www.fheg.follett.com
Department Manager (Computers) - The Hornet Bookstore (#037)
Location: Sacramento, CA
Reporting to the Store Manager, this role manages the computer department operations including staffing, performance management, providing hands-on technical and functions guidance in accomplishing financial and customer satisfaction objectives. May be responsible for the collection, editing and processing of orders to ensure accurate and timely availability of trade books. Provides customers with exemplary service and suggests computer products based on knowledge of current industry trends and familiarity with manufacturers offers and product reviews.
- Supervises associates including scheduling, evaluating and delegating work to ensure that department meets / exceeds company standards.
- Initiates activities to adhere to established computer department policies including special ordering of products, price verification, product availability, warranty programs, and checking order status.
- Builds key partnerships with store management and campus organizations for promotional opportunities, special events, and off-site sales opportunities.
- Ensures computers department is managed in accordance with company policies and management directives. Ensures pricing and inventory integrity and executes Home Office initiated promotions and directives.
- Partners with the Store Manager to execute promotions and sales, ensure proper inventory levels based on sales and trends. Analyzes financial reports, processes purchase orders, and approves invoices.
- Assists in efforts to ensure general store operational standards are achieved through daily activities (shipping / receiving, inventory, housekeeping, etc.).
- Acts as a member of the store leadership team and through analysis of business trends, historical and current data points, collaborates to institute programs, initiatives and best practices to increase market share.
- Acts as subject matter expert for computer products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An Associate degree or equivalent experience required
- 1 to 3 years retail supervisory experience with 1 to 3 years supervisory/management experience in a computer sales retail environment preferred
- Advanced computer literacy
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
Sacramento State has a diverse student body of 28,500 and a highly knowledgeable faculty, with 98 percent of their full-time professors holding the highest degree in their fields. Each year, their seven colleges award 6,500 degrees to students who pick from 58 undergraduate majors and 41 master's degrees, six post-baccalaureate certificates and two doctoral degrees. Their General Education Honors Program is tailored for high-achieving freshmen.
They are particularly proud of their 300-acre campus with its lush landscaping and 3,000 trees. Miles of pedestrian and bicycle trails stretch along the nearby American River Parkway, linking their campus and student housing with recreational areas such as Folsom Lake.
Sacramento is one of California's most affordable metropolitan cities, offering dozens of stylish restaurants, galleries, shopping centers and boutiques within minutes of campus. The region's parks, rivers and nearby recreation areas make it popular with outdoors enthusiasts. And San Francisco, the Napa and Sonoma valleys, the Gold Country and Lake Tahoe are all within easy driving distance. (www.csus.edu)
We value people and it shows in everything we do. That is why we offer a competitive salary and a benefits program designed to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Benefits eligibility depends on employment status, location, and other variables.
To learn more about Follett Higher Education Group career opportunities and benefit offerings, please visit us on the web at http://www.fheg.follett.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 2 years ago - save job