Business Unit: Higher Education Group |
Location: NORTH DAKOTA (Grand Forks)
Requisition Number: foll-00009543
Job Type: Regular
Business Unit Profile:
Follett Higher Education We help institutions, administrators, faculty and students achieve a shared goal: to fully realize the powerful benefits of higher education. From a community college to a state university, the heartland to the inner city, the East Coast to the West, across the United States and Canada, the needs and requirements of higher learning institutions are as unique as the students they teach. Providing course materials and management services for both local operations and online stores, we are higher education's leading campus retailer and largest wholesaler. Anchored by an assortment of products and services driving access and affordability - including Rent-A-Text and our digital textbook platform CafeScribe - Follett Higher Education Group continues to see growth across our channels, evolving our bookstores of today to the campus stores of tomorrow. Internet. Please visit our website to learn more at www.fheg.follett.com
Department Manager (General Merchandise) - University Of North Dakota (#1120)
Reporting to the Store Manager, this role manages the general merchandise department operations including staffing, performance management, providing hands-on technical and functions guidance in accomplishing financial and customer satisfaction objectives. May be responsible for the collection, editing and processing of orders to ensure accurate and timely availability of general merchandise.
- Supervises associates including scheduling, evaluating and delegating work to ensure that department meets / exceeds company standards.
- Initiates activities to adhere to established general merchandise guidelines and promotional programs.
- Builds key partnerships with store management and campus organizations for promotional opportunities, special events, and off-site sales opportunities.
- Manages the in-store merchandise display process from stockroom to sales floor serving as liaison between the store and the Home Office Planner. Creates and maintains displays in compliance with company standards.
- Ensures merchandise is managed in accordance with company policies and management directives. Ensures pricing and inventory integrity and executes Home Office initiated markups and markdowns.
- Partners with the Store Manager to execute promotions and sales, ensure proper inventory levels based on sales and trends. Analyzes financial reports, processes purchase orders, and approves invoices.
- Assists in efforts to ensure general store operational standards are achieved through daily activities (shipping / receiving, inventory, housekeeping, etc.).
- Acts as a member of the store leadership team and through analysis of business trends, historical and current data points, collaborates to institute programs, initiatives and best practices to increase market share.
- Acts as subject matter expert for general merchandise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in fashion merchandising
- 3 to 5 years retail supervisory experience with previous supervisory / management experience in retail merchandising industry preferred
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Founded by the Dakota Territorial Assembly in 1883, six years before statehood, UND was intended to be, and has remained, a university with a strong liberal arts foundation surrounded by a variety of professional and specialized programs. It is admired for its spacious, beautiful campus and extensive resources. The University has earned an international reputation for its academic and research programs. www.und.edu
We value people and it shows in everything we do. That is why we offer a competitive salary and a benefits program designed to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Benefits eligibility depends on employment status, location, and other variables.
To learn more about Follett Higher Education Group career opportunities and benefit offerings, please visit us on the web at http://www.follett.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Follett Corporation - 19 months ago