Responsible for processing medical appointment requests in an inbound call center environment for a multi-specialty practice.
Education: High School Diploma.
Experience: Two (2) years of telephone scheduling or call center experience required. USFPG GE scheduling experience preferred.
Skills: Ability to efficiently enter complete and accurate data entry at a computer workstation. Excellent interpersonal skills for interaction with patients, providers, co-workers, and other clinic staff, as well as written and verbal communication skills. Ability to demonstrate attention to detail in all job aspects and work in a team environment. Knowledge of managed care and general insurance procedures, medical terminology, Windows skills, and typing speed of 30 WPM or higher are preferred.
Performance Expectations: Performs duties in a timely manner and notifies supervisor or designee if delays occur. Develop lines of communication with departments to ensure timely and accurate receipt of patient information. Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal and external customers, on the telephone (uses a standard greeting) and in person. Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments. Respects patient privacy, confidentiality, and dignity. Maintains a professional appearance and manner by adhering to the dress code. Wears name tag identification and is aware of role in minimizing security incidents. Helps to ensure a safe environment for guests and staff.
Customer Service Performance
CUSTOMER SERVICE PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS : Courteous and helpful behavior towards patients, physicians, coworkers and external customers; professional and efficient verbal and written communications; accomplishing tasks through teamwork and initiative; and ensuring a timely and thorough response to complaints and/or critiques, and anticipating the needs of all you come in contact with.
Hourly Salary Range Minimum
Annual Salary Range Minimum
Special Instructions to Applicants
FOB-USF TAMPA CAMPUS
Work Schedule Summary
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Directs incoming patient phone calls
- Schedules patient appointments according to department protocols and scheduling guidelines
- Registers new patients by obtaining all required information to ensure accurate registration
- Confirms and updates demographic information and insurance of all established patients
- Informs patients of cancelled clinics, offers new appointment times, documents each contact attempt in the electronic record, and reschedules cancelled appointments
- Contacts patients who have cancelled their appointments via Televox to offer other appointment options
- Processes internal and external referrals and documents actions taken in the electronic record
- Adds patients to wait list upon request and contacts patients as appointments become available
- Attempts to fill gaps in provider schedule utilizing the wait list
- Reviews and corrects appointment review report daily to assure accuracy for billing and provider correspondence
- Serves as a patient access resource to providers, academic staff and clinical support staff
- Allscripts tasking and general email
Communicates with physicians and their staff to obtain correct and updated patient clinical information
- Works with departments to resolve problems and continually assures that customer needs are met
- Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient access
- Attends meetings as assigned
- Other related duties as required