Manage plant floor resources to achieve planned outputs, product quality, equipment reliability, data collection, employee motivation and safe work practices.
Primary Role and Responsibilities :
1. Create and Manage a Safe Working Environment, including training, housekeeping and PPE audits, ensuring employee compliance to policies and procedures.
2. Manage Shift resources - Motivate, Support, Train, employees to achieve responsibilities and team working.
3. Create and promote a Total Quality Environment (including attention to Food Safety controls) ensuring procedures are developed, understood and are adhered to.
4. Ensure Product Workmanship Standards are clearly understood by all involved prior to manufacture, including packing specifications and adherence throughout shift.
5. Production plan achievement 100% Potif (Production on Time in Full)
6. Line and Labor efficiency achievement to plan.
a. Line Teams – shift allocation, changeover plans, productivity improvement.
b. Clear communication within and across Shifts (data accuracy and verbal).
c. Vacation management, skill balancing of resources and control of overtime within budget.
7. Reduce Cost of Non Quality (spoilage, downtime, efficiency) to continuously improve World Class Performance against agreed targets.
8. Preventive maintenance - ensure standard line checks are carried out (Lubrication, SPC, Standard settings, cleaning, etc).
9. Conduct Performance reviews (appraisals, disciplinary, grade, etc) and develop appropriate improvement plans for direct employees.
10. Site Security – ensure system is checked and operational at all times, responding appropriately to problems.
Job Features :
Communication : Work closely with Plant Manager, other Shift Managers, Direct Employees, Quality Team, Engineering Team, Logistics Team and HR.
- Communication (open line with employees, peers, coworkers, and support areas)
- Team Working
- Flexible(including shift change) to carry out any task for which adequate training has been given
- Problem Solving + Evaluation + Forward Planning + Project Leadership
Traits: Self-motivated, responsible, consistent, leader, with strong organizational and problem solving skills. Computer literate skills (Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
CROWN CORK & SEAL is
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
NOTE: Apply online only! No Relocation is being offered.
No applications will be accepted at the plant or by mail.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, Crown Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCK) is a leading manufacturer of packaging products for consumer marketing...