DESIGN PROJECT COORDINATOR
Location: LAFAYETTE, LOUISIANA
# of Openings: 1
Total Safety, the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, is looking for a seasoned Design Project Coordinator who will be responsible for undertaking field assignments to provide customer service in the areas of installing, servicing, repair, and inspection of fire and safety systems which typically includes fire detection systems, gas detection systems, fixed gaseous suppression systems, paging and alarm systems, video surveillance (CCTV) systems, and PLC based safety control systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs field installation, commissioning, service, repair, and inspection of fire and safety systems and equipment which may include fire detection and alarm system components, fixed gas detection systems components, fixed gaseous fire suppression system components, paging and alarm system components, PLC control system components, and video surveillance (CCTV) system components. Typically handles troubleshooting and repair of more complex equipment / issues.
• Completes all associated documentation in a timely and accurate manner and obtains signature from customer so that proper invoicing and documentation can be provided to customer. This includes all installation, commissioning, inspection and repair documents, job cost billable expenses, time sheets, expense reports, and per diem requests. Works with drafter to update and correct drawings as necessary.
• Conducts detailed visual inspections and system functional tests of various systems and equipment for the purpose of reporting any deficiencies and corrective action recommendations to customer.
• Conducts surveys, pre-job, job update and post job completion briefs.
• Performs basic maintenance and care of assigned vehicle and/or trailer.
• Provides training and guidance to less experienced technicians. Acquires and maintains current licenses and certification necessary to perform assigned responsibilities. Assists others as needed.
• Regularly serves as a lead (assists, trains, reviews work). Models, teaches and ensures compliance with all work practices, policies and procedures.
• Daily customer contact. Frequent contact with other facility personnel in order to understand issues. Frequent contact with less experienced personnel and customers training and coaching.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree in electronics or technical area or related technical training strongly preferred.
- Two or more years field experience in fire protection in the industrial, petrochemical, oil refinery, offshore oil and gas, or related industry.
- Have or obtain NICET Level II certification in the areas of Fire Alarm Systems and/or Special Hazard Suppression Systems. Have or obtain Louisiana State Fire Marshal license.
- Experience in installation and programming of various manufacturers’ fire detection, gas detection, CCTV, PAGA, and PLC systems and equipment.
- Working knowledge of basic electronics and advanced troubleshooting. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and other database software. Strong computer hardware and software knowledge for communications with and programming of various manufacturers’ control systems. Ability to quickly learn new software applications utilized by company.
- Ability to read and interpret code requirements, manufacturer instructions, safety and quality instructions, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, specifications, and safe charts.
- Ability to write technical reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Valid driver's license from state of residence and valid proof of vehicle insurance. Must possess good driving record and be insurable for Total Safety vehicle insurance while driving company truck.
- Willingness to travel to customers site and available for travel for short and long-term out-of-town, out-of-country, and/or offshore projects. Anticipate travel to be 50% of the time.
• Salary is commensurate with experience
• Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision insurance coverage on a cost-sharing basis
• Basic group term life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance
• Voluntary program of additional group term life insurance (and AD&D) is also available
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching
• Generous vacation plan, holiday schedule and sick-time benefit plan
HOW TO APPLY :
To be considered for this position, apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center at www.totalsafety.com . Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents.
RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY NON-SOLICITED RECRUITING SOURCES