Georgetown Manor, Inc., an authorized Ethan Allen Retailer for over 45 years, is seeking a Design Project Manager for our Flagship location at 5006-C Westheimer Rd. (at Post Oak direcly across from The Galleria).
Only candidates who submit a cover letter, detailing their salary requirements, will be considered.
Primarily responsible for the management, development, training and motivation of the design associates while maintaining a high level of customer contact and achieving sales goals. Actively coach design associates to raise professionalism of the design services, including sales of furniture and accessories, custom window treatments, custom bedcoverings, Hunter Douglas window coverings, etc. Partner with each associate to manage design projects, customer contacts and relationships, sales volume, design consultant effectiveness and overall customer satisfaction. Hold design associates accountable to attain goals.
- Partner with Design Center Manager to achieve the goals for all design associates and increase overall performance of the Design Center.
- Achieve sales goals through the development, training and management of design consultants.
- Evaluate design consultants performance using such tools as the Designer Performance System.
- Create action plans as necessary to support performance improvement.
- Create and maintain a positive environment and a high level of energy with employees to ensure sales growth and excellent customer service.
- Foster an environment that expedites the closing of design projects.
- Provides significant input into recruitment, hiring, performance reviews, and performance improvement activities.
- Participate in design projects including interacting with customers, to ensure design consultants meet the needs of the client.
- Maintain a system to monitor the status of all open and pending design projects.
- Monitor design consultants for proper follow-up and ensure they are providing exceptional customer service at all times.
- Coordinate, update and maintain reports needed to support the design project management process.
- Assist Design Center Manager by following operational policies and procedures to ensure fiscal control, security of company assets, inventory management and design center safety.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies such as Code of Conduct policies, workplace harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation.
- Work with Design Center Manager and/or human resources to consistently implement disciplinary action and performance management in accordance with company guidelines.
- Remain current on design and color trends to create fashionable and up to date design solutions.
- Represent Ethan Allen at all times and under all circumstances in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Perform other duties as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will usually work in an office environment or travel via automobile to various customer homes. The noise level is minimal and there may be some exposure to dust.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Significant portions of this assignment involve prolonged sitting with occasional standing, bending or walking and application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity. May be required lift or move objects up to 50 pounds.
Education/Experience: A minimum of eight years, combined, practical interior design experience and interior design education, two or four year degree, from an accredited institution and eligible for CQRID or NCIDQ certification. Proven sales background in residential interior design. Broad knowledge of interior design and effective sales techniques. Supervisory experience a must, preferably in a retail home furnisshings environment. Required to work holidays and weekends.
Other Requirements: An entrepreneurial attitude and approach with strong communication and organizational skills. This position requires team leadership and the ability to manage the design process including the ability to review and provide feedback on design projects using technical and creative skills in color and space planning. Demonstrated ability to practice residential interior design. Ability to train and coach for design, product knowledge, sales performance and customer service. Must be able to work holidays, evenings and weekends. Must possess valid drivers license with a good driving record and provide own transportation.
- 16 months ago - save job