The Converse Graphic Studio, is seeking a visionary graphic designer/ illustrator to bring lifestyle graphic design to the Converse All Star business. We are seeking a graphic designer with an awareness of lifestyle, fashion and streetwear trends. Strong illustration, pattern and typography skills will lead to success in this role. This role may encompass a wide array of graphics applications including pattern print and other footwear / apparel graphic applications. Copywriting and experience working with freelance/outside artists is a strong plus.
Uses advanced design skills to create original graphic and/or textile designs that appropriately reflect Converse's design ethos. Effectively uses computerized systems in design process.
Provides appropriate materials to designers, developers, account managers, and/or graphic separators for the creation of separations, embroidery, and trims. For textiles, produces textile repeats for production purposes.
Works with design management and category team members in design, development, and merchandising to ensure feasibility of designs, meeting price points, merchandising needs, product creation dates/gates are met, design tools are effectively utilized, and cross-functional teamwork occurs as appropriate.
Communicates and presents design concepts; produces presentation materials in conjunction with design and category teams that effectively communicate the concept behind the line for internal and external audiences.
Builds awareness of current trends, color, technology, and lifestyle related products through research and travel. Participates in activities that increase understanding and working knowledge of products, product lines, product development process, commercialization process, and the specific markets in which Converse does business.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience Note: One of the following alternatives may be accepted: PhD or Law + 3 yrs; Masters + 4 yrs; Associates degree + 6 yrs; High School + 7 yrs
- 5 plus years of progressively technically sophisticated graphic design experience.
- Proven ability to apply and perform graphic design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout that is supported by a portfolio of non-computer-based creative art and graphic design.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general, and the athletic industry specifically.
- Demonstrated high level of expertise using graphic design software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in local market language, including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, share ideas and develop effective responses.
- Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes.
- Travel 10%.
NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products....