Desktop Support Specialist
IT Hardware Specialist
- Under close supervision performs first line technical support to computer customers with questions regarding account administration, distribution of software and documentation, enterprise applications, system, and network status.
- May answer simple technical or functional questions and perform minor troubleshooting regarding use and identification of personal computer hardware and software related to network communications.
- Uses established detailed guidelines and assists higher-level technicians with on-site installations.
- Provides support to users in helping them navigate/use software applications and troubleshoot/resolve problems. If unable to handle requests, collects and documents necessary information for the appropriate specialist, higher level personnel or tiered support.
- Follows detailed administrative procedures and processes support requests accurately and in a timely manner.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of existing MHS clinical systems and new systems in order to provide accurate assistance.
- Attends training sessions as required (DoD, Service, MTF, and/or Corporate).
- Participates in special projects/data calls as required, under close supervision that enhance the quality or efficiency of the Support service.
- High school education or equivalent;
- There is no experience substitution for a High School Diploma; however a G.E.D., other degree equivalency program, or a technical trade school certificate is acceptable.
Desired Skills :
--able perform basic tasks with these applications such as word processing, sending email, etc.
Working knowledge of basic hardware such as printers and scanners, media storage.
Virtual Classroom Training: CHCS Applications, AHLTA System Administration
Technical IA Training: A+ Certification
MTF Specific Training; HIPPA / Privacy Act Training
- Experience working in military healthcare environment
- Good organizational skills
- Effective communication skills (oral & written)
- General understanding of how computers connect to networks / servers
- Knowledge of basic computer concepts, and the Internet.
- Knowledge of Windows XP, Microsoft Office, and Outlook
RAMPART CONSULTING GROUP, LLC. - 16 months ago