Ithaca College is accepting applications for a full-time, benefits-eligible position to assist the director of the Ithaca College Annual Fund in developing and executing an annual plan for Ithaca College Annual Fund direct mail and electronic solicitations, and in strategizing the target audience and approach. Coordinate the direct-mail print process. Serve as liaison with internal and external print vendors. Coordinate data requests on behalf of the Ithaca College Annual Fund for mailings and analysis. Provide operational support for the solicitation, stewardship, and recognition programs for the Friends of Ithaca College and special projects. Develop and prepare solicitation reports and analyses. Provide operational support to the director, department supervisors and other designated personnel.
1. Assist the director of the Ithaca College Annual Fund in developing and executing an annual plan for Ithaca College Annual Fund and Friends of Ithaca College solicitations, and in strategizing target audiences and approaches for solicitations. Assist with developing, maintaining, and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures relating to the work of the Ithaca College Annual Fund.
2. Oversee the development and distribution of direct mail and electronic solicitations. Act a primary liaison to Marketing Communications in preparing writing requests. Proofread and edit solicitations. Act as primary liaison to Advancement Services in preparing data requests and ensuring the accuracy of data downloads. Manage the approval process. Schedule and run regular meetings with involved staff.
3. Coordinate the Ithaca College Annual Fund direct mail and email process with internal and external vendors and colleagues including copy and design of print materials. Coordinate the processing of mailings done in-house. Manage returned mail as needed, as well as NCOA update process.
4. Prepare and maintain calendar of Ithaca College Annual Fund fundraising activity to coordinate and ensure the timeliness of solicitations. Maintain an archive of all Ithaca College Annual Fund fund-raising publications and mailings. Maintain historical records documenting audience and results for purposes of further analyses.
5. Calculate the cost of fund raising and return on investment data weekly; assist the director in determining the effectiveness of solicitations relative to available budget resources and strategizing subsequent approaches or appeals.
6. Develop and maintain a variety of reports to track the effectiveness of Ithaca College Annual Fund solicitations and analyze results. Verify accuracy of the reports; perform further data analysis as directed. Provide ad-hoc reporting as necessary.
7. Develop yearly work plan and goals for direct mail and electronic solicitations, in coordination with other members of Ithaca College Annual Fund staff. Revise and update plan and goals as instructed.
8. Provide support for special projects stewardship and recognition programs as necessary, e.g. Senior Class; and provide reports and analysis on results.
Position/Job Responsibilities continued
Associate’s degree and a minimum of two years related experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience. In-depth knowledge of various word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications; excellent attention to detail, strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to prioritize projects, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines; ability to work quickly and ensure accuracy; ability to handle confidential information; ability to work independently, and understanding of the basic philosophy of fund raising, volunteer management, and donor cultivation required. Previous experience working with print publications; Sungard Advance and SmartCall fundraising software experience; experience working in higher education and previous experience with departmental administration preferred.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested individuals should apply online at https://apply.icjobs.org/ and attach a cover letter, a resume, and the contact information for three (3) professional references. Questions about online application may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Ithaca College - 14 months ago