- The candidate for this position is responsible for working closely with Fab technology development, manufacturing and yield engineering teams to enable streamlined connection between Fab silicon learning and DFM deck development, and coordinate Fab support activities of the DFM team to enable accelerated yield ramps and faster time to market. Part of the responsibilities will also include development, testing and deployment of DFM/CAD solutions and flows to support production DDK (DFM Design Kits) and Foundry PDK and Design Flow integration.
· Interface with Fab technology development, manufacturing and yield engineering teams to enable streamlined connection between silicon learning and DFM decks.
· Coordinate Fab support activities of DFM CAD team to enable accelerated yield ramps and faster time to market.
· Work closely with Technology Development teams to help define DFM rules and requirements for new process technologies.
· Drive and support silicon calibration of DFM rules and decks.
· Design and implement new DFM techniques to enable 28nm, 20nm technology nodes and below.
· Develop and support rigorous DFM testing procedures to ensure functional and code quality.
· Support advanced DFM applications for Foundry and internal customers.
· BS Degree in EE, Computer Science or related field required.
· Masters and/or PhD in Engineering or related field preferred.
· Good understanding of manufacturing process integration of technology nodes 28nm and below.
· Demonstrated programming skills in two or more of the following:
o High-level languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, etc).
o Scripting languages: Tcl/TK, Perl and Python.
· Working-level expertise in digital design, layout analysis (including DRC coding), and DFM.
· Excellent technical communication skills.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global manufacturing and technology footprint. Launched in March 2009 through a partnership between AMD [NYSE: AMD] and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), GLOBALFOUNDRIES provides a unique combination of advanced technology, manufacturing excellence and global operations. With the integration of Chartered in January 2010, GLOBALFOUNDRIES significantly expanded its capacity and ability to provide best-in-class foundry services from mainstream to the leading edge.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is headquartered in Silicon Valley with manufacturing operations in Singapore, Dresden, and a new leading-edge Fab under construction in Saratoga County, New York. These sites are supported by a global network of R&D, design enablement, and customer support in Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).