Responsible for analyzing, recommending and implementing supply chain systems and processes across the Delhaize US businesses.
Works collectively across all DG US banners to determine optimal demand visibility and forecasting, cost effective product flow options,
and integrated supply chain processes that support all the US operating companies’ unique business strategies. Also responsible for leading Distribution and Supply Chain sourcing events.
• 3-5 years of combined experience in Supply Chain, Procurement/Merchandising, and/or Distribution/Manufacturing operations with previous Supply Chain management experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or business related field.
• Collaboration experience with vendors, transportation providers, & third party consultants.
• Cross-functional project experience and a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams between operating companies.
• Understanding of warehouse management systems, replenishment methodology, and industrial engineering methods / techniques.
• Proven ability to innovate utilizing industry standard research and design methodology.
• Organizational change management experience and possess an understanding of the value of business process change relating to people, process, and policies.
• Must be able to work well with internal and external partners (Suppliers, Distribution, Transportation, Category, Logistics, Retail).
• Must have a high degree of credibility with management and be able to interact effectively with associates at all levels.
• Proven team player, able to work collaboratively at all levels and build partnerships with cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated strength in the area of structured problem solving with strong analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and follow-up skills.
• Self-motivated and must be persuasive in presenting ideas and managing their implementation.
• Ability to work well under pressure and balance short-term vs. long-term demands.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate
• Experience utilizing Purchasing software (i.e. Ariba)
• Effectively work with cross-functional teams across multiple operating companies toward common Supply Chain strategies.
• Supports DG US Supply Chain strategy that supports the individual business strategies of all DG US operating companies.
• Evaluates cross-functional supply chain solutions for all DG US Facilities including demand forecasting, warehouse capacity planning, channel development, & inventory management.
• Supports the operational planning program as part of the broader Sales and Operational Planning Process.
• Supports corporate initiatives of cross banner synergies, minimizing shrink, increasing cash flow, and helping to strengthen retail.
• Collaborates in the discovery of supply chain opportunities throughout a combined DG US network.
• Participates in the development of alternate product channels utilizing sound research and design methodology.
• Participates in the development and implementation of programs to improve operating processes in use throughout DG US.
• Understands corporate strategies and develops most cost effective supply chain solutions.
• Maintains total supply chain documentation including goals, KPIs, costs, business drivers, and industry opportunities.
• Facilitates continuous improvement conversations at all levels throughout the organization.
• Collaborates with internal and external partners (Suppliers, Distribution, Transportation, Category, Logistics, Retail) to design and implement strategies and tactics to reduce total landed cost, while developing a more consumer driven network.
• Is a company expert on industry supply chain activities, changes, and trends.
• Responsible for aiding in the sourcing of various Supply Chain categories (product/service specification, industry research, testing, performance evaluation, execution of bids, etc.)
Hannaford - 12 months ago
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...