Work among the very best. Be part of the multidisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. Thrive in a dynamic environment of clinical excellence, constant learning, and leading edge medical research. The Radiology Department is staffed with Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologists, Interventional Radiologists, and Nuclear Medicine Physicians dedicated to providing quality patient care.
We currently have an opening for Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
* Uses high frequency sound waves to produce visual images of organs, tissues, or blood flow of internal structures that assist in the diagnosis of disease or injury and fetal development.
* Analyzes sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history and communicates findings to the appropriate radiologist.
* Interacts with physicians and other technical staff to provide quality, safe and efficient care for the patient.
* Identifies nursing needs and notifies nursing or physician if assistance is needed.
* Instructs technology students, medical students, and residents regarding exams and equipment.
* High School diploma required.
* Bachelor's degree in a Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program.
* Registered or eligible candidate in the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
* Registered Radiographer (ARRT) plus 1 or more additional modality registries is desirable.
* 5 years experience in a medical center environment is preferred.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
* Must become registered in abdomen and OB/GYN with ARDMS within 12 months.
* Must become registered in vascular technology with ARDMS within 15 months.
* Must become registered in breast technology with ARDMS within 15 months to work in the Breast Center.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 16 months ago