Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Assess nutrition status of patient and, based on this evaluation, plans,implements and evaluates appropriate cost-effective nutrition care of clients.
- Teach informational classes.
- Help coordinate the bariatric support group classes.
- Provide nutrition education counseling utilizing techniques that consider the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the patient’s referring physician and other health care providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Maintain a high level of competence while applying current research information and methods into nutrition care of clients
- Develop and implement an individualized plan for nutrition intervention in accordance with the patient’s medical program goals and objectives, nutrition prescription, and self-management training. Assist patients in developing
realistic, long-term health goals and goal-directed behaviors.
- Identify opportunities to increase patient, physician, and community awareness of outpatient nutrition services.
- Prepare and deliver community nutrition education programs as assigned.
- Maintain accurate records of appointments for scheduling and billing.
- Provide appropriate documentation summarizing the nutrition care plan in the patient’s medical record.
- Assist in developing and revising patient education materials, forms, and protocols.
- Participate in planning and developing nutrition-related policies, procedures,and goals.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in foods, human nutrition, or dietetics; food service management; or InstitutionManagement.
- Successful completion of a postgraduate or equivalent dietetic program that fulfills requirements for registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- One year experience as a clinical dietitian preferred.
- Experience as an outpatient dietitian preferred.
- Must be an experienced and comfortable public speaking.
- Adept at using a computer for research and development of presentations.
- Able to write, read, comprehend and speak fluent English.
- Must maintain licensure as a Licensed Dietitian in the State of Iowa/Illinois.
- Must maintain registration status through the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- BLS and Mandatory Reporter certification.
UnityPoint Health - 6 months ago