Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our advanced administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. We value the leadership, vision and dedication of our administrative employees that helps make our hospital successful. Become part of a team committed to success. We offer very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
The Program Director of Blood and Marrow Transplant Provides leadership and management for the clinical, strategic, financial, and operational activities across the continuum of blood and marrow transplant care. Accountable for the administrative, programmatic, business and clinical research activities of the Blood and Marrow Transplant Program and Cell Processing in collaboration with hospital and medical director leadership.
* Directs the program operations of BMT and Cell Processing, including Data Management and BMT Coordination, in partnership with Cancer Center, Hospital and physician leadership.
* Accountable for referral management, outreach and patient access initiatives.
* Develops and leads teams providing multidisciplinary care for the patient disease categories specific to blood and marrow transplant while enhancing operational/financial performance and market penetration.
* Provides effective business acumen and innovative oversight to develop business opportunities and to ensure budgeting is consistent with planning, programmatic efforts and available funding.
* Participates in strategic planning to enhance program growth, improve market awareness, patient satisfaction, and clinical efficiency of care. Working with key leadership, presents and implements an annual program plan.
* Develops and provides oversight of internal and external educational efforts for the BMT program and Cell Processing services. Coordinates and assists with external cooperative efforts, e.g., UHC, NMDP, RITN, CIBMTR and CTN grant efforts.
* Ensures the adherence to existing treatment algorithms and participates in the development of future algorithms.
* Formulates budget proposals, monitors expenses, advises and recommends changes for program budgets, including program capital and operating budgets, BMT service budget, research and training budgets, and grant/gift/development budgets.
* Ensures BMT and Cell Processing maintain key regulatory, accreditations and certifications.
* Responsible for day-to-day management of all BMT-related midlevel providers.
* Review of physician practice activities against benchmarks for productivity and income generation and assess the needs and operational effectiveness of physician practice support that is funded through Professional Services Agreements.
* Works with BMT program and Cell Processing physicians and Clinical Trials Office personnel on the performance of clinical research including staff support, data collection and analysis.
* Serves as the Hospital partner for the Hospital/Medical Director Partnership Agreement and is an active member of the Cancer Center Clinical Operations Committee and other applicable cancer-related groups and committees.
* Master’s Degree in Nursing and/or Business Administration
* Minimum of five years management experience
* Minimum of three years of BMT experience
* Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
* Current Registered Nurse Licensure in the State of Kansas