Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our advanced administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. We value the leadership, vision and dedication of our administrative employees that helps make our hospital successful. Become part of a team committed to success. We offer very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Director of Rehab Services.
- Serves as an effective communicator of the organizations’ vision and goals and the Rehab Services Department’s role in achieving those.
- Skillfully administers, directs and allocates organizational resources.
- Effectively uses the appropriate financial concepts and tools to analyze situations and make financial decisions.
- Prepares an operational budget and appropriately authorizes and monitors the expenditures of departmental funds.
- Manages responsibilities in a way that supports the achievement of Rehab Services and organizational goals.
- Create and communicates the “big picture” understanding of the hospital and works to ensure the department supports the organization’s desired competitive position.
- Works collaboratively with staff on the Rehabilitation Unit, the Medical Director of the Rehab Unit, the Nursing Director and the Nurse Manager of the Unit.
- Addresses needs and s of all key stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Has direct oversight of operations of the Rehabilitation services Departments of Occupational and Physical Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology, and indirect oversight of the inpatient Rehabilitation Medicine Nursing Unit through the Medical Director-Hospital Director partnership.
- Assures that all standards of practice are met for KU Hospital, KDHE, CARF, JCAHO, and other regulatory agencies.
- Develops and promotes new programs as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Degree in Clinical Rehab Area required.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of clinical rehab experience (50% in hospital).
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in Rehabilitation within the past 7 years.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 16 months ago