Director Software Engineering
The Director Software Engineering will lead a highly skilled team of senior engineers. Responsible for software development, documentation standards, policies and procedures. Technology focused, develop high-volume commercial web applications. Delivering commercial software, following software development procedures, and experience working in a Microsoft .NET environment.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Proven experience developing commercial applications for enterprise distribution.
- Evidentiary design experience with design patterns and modeling. Collaborate with executive management, product managers & engineering leaders on the product strategy & roadmap, and provide technical insights.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Knowledgeable in ASP.Net and database technologies.
- Strong leadership skills with 3+ years of executive-level experience managing and motivating top talent.
- Direct policies, standards and procedures for the software development work performed on the Engineering team.
- Provide technology and product thought-leadership, as well as coaching and guidance to team members.
- Expert knowledge of the software development process, with an appreciation for the use of standard methodology, process, metrics and automation.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Ensure timely and high quality delivery of continuously available, highly scalable and high quality SaaS products.
- Recruit retain, grow and motivate top talent; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Prepare budgets and provide financial analysis on bids as it relates to operational costs.
- Excellent problem solving skills and detail oriented.
Supervise Software Engineers.
Education & Knowledge Required
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent relevant experience of approx 10 years in business related discipline (accounting, finance, etc) with advanced knowledge of software development, programming/configuration concepts.
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
Proven track record producing and supporting commercially available enterprise software products
ASP Hosted products
5 Years Director experience
10 Years Technical experience (prefer people who have IT backgrounds)
Harland Clarke Holdings Corp. to include its subsidiary and affiliated companies (Harland Clarke, Scantron, Harland Clarke Digital) is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Administrator directly at 616-541-3145.
Harland Clarke - 30+ days ago
Is your check in the mail? Ask Harland Clarke. The company produces billions of checks and deposit slips annually. In addition to checks and...