3-5 years experience preferred
Provides leadership and direction to Oncology Services staff in the delivery of oncology services to patients. Performs planning, development, implementation and reviews the follow-up of all Oncology Services line functions. Prepares annual budget with preparation of two year capital equipment budgets. Serves as medical staff liaison and coordinator for Oncology physicians. Functions as a community resource, i.e. public speaking, oncology presentations, written articles on oncology service / technology. Serves as a liaison between medical Oncology private practices and Cancer Center operations. Serves as the administrator for Sedona and VOC campuses. Supervises the visiting specialists program in both facilities.
* Masters degree - required.
* 4-5 years significant background in management of Radiation Oncology operations.
* Understanding of technical aspects of Radiation Oncology and background in this area.
* Management experience in health care profession.
Skills - required:
* Knowledge of CPT-4, HCPCS and ICD-9 coding.
* Ability to work with multiple agencies towards a comprehensive cancer control plan.
* Knowledge of computer operations along with ability to generate detailed reports and graphs.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in regards to communicating with providers, families, staff, community organizations and State representatives.
* Ability to problem solve using critical thinking skills, visionary capabilities, creativity, patience and flexibility.
* Communicates effectively and professionally with adults and families regarding oncology services.
* Able to work with families and groups as is required to provide supportive services.
* Able to be flexible, reliable, and accountable.
* Has a strong knowledge of Radiation and Medical Oncology concepts.
* Able to deal with high stress and high demand.
* Able to cope with varying and unpredictable situations tactfully with patients and their families, team members, visitors, and referring agencies/providers.
Skills - preferred:
* Knowledge of interdisciplinary team concepts.
* Strong writing skills and public speaking skills.
Northern Arizona Healthcare - 11 months ago