The incumbent in this position is responsible for overseeing all activities associated with strategic management of inforce customers, contract renewal negotiations and management and oversees implementation of all new groups.
- Collaborates with sales management to execute a proactive service plan for in-house customers.
- Develops and monitors the call schedule for each Account Manager to ensure clients are seen at appropriate frequencies.
- Cultivate relationships with groups and brokers that lead to opportunities for product education and request for quotes.
- Oversees implementation activities for all groups to ensure timelines are met, procedures are followed and clients are satisfied.
- Identify areas of development for each team member and implement appropriate group or individual training.
- Directs the Accounts Services functions to ensure programs support division and enterprise-wide goals and objectives. Manages staff including determining staffing needs, setting goals, interviewing, selecting, coaching, and evaluating the performance of all direct reports. Ensures staff receives on-going training. Promotes a constructive work environment; organizing staff to accomplish sales targets and objectives.
- Develops annual department and project budgets; identifies variances and takes corrective actions as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent successful work experience education or training.
- 5 years account servicing or group benefits sales experience.
- A minimum of 3 year management experience is a sales environment.
- 1 - 3 years experience in employee benefit programs preferred.
Life and disability license preferred.
Strong organizational/time management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong presentation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to respond to multiple tasks and leadership direction while balancing competing demands.
- A valid driver's license, ability to travel and sustain company expenses for a period of one month.
- Ability to exhibit strong leadership by including appropriate people in decision making process.
- Ability to negotiate with brokers and top level clients.
- Strong knowledge of group dental healthcare terminology.
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, fax machine, etc.).
As an eligible candidate for a position at Delta Dental, you must possess the following:
Effective service depends upon each employee performing his/her duties to the best of his/her abilities; frequent absences can disrupt business operations and create additional work for coworkers; prompt and regular attendance is critical to the success of the company's mission; employees are encouraged to be conscientious concerning attendance to avoid any potential disciplinary action.
- Ability to appear for work on time
- Ability to appear at a physical location
- Ability to perform job duties for a specific duration of time
- Ability to follow directions from a supervisor
- Ability to interact well with co-workers
- Ability to understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to maintain regular/consistent attendance and adhere to scheduled shifts
- Ability to maintain regular/consistent attendance and a full-time schedule
- Ability to maintain current status on projects
- Ability to stay current on training/issues in field
How To Apply
Click " Apply Now"
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Delta Dental of California doesn't just help keep the mouths of movie stars clean. The not-for-profit company is a member of the Delta...