Ithaca College is seeking applications for a full-time Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations to develop, direct and execute a comprehensive, long-range corporate and foundation advancement program in concert with other programs in institutional advancement. The director is responsible for the Identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship support of corporate and foundation prospects including national foundations and international corporations. The director also recommends and coordinates institutional contacts with corporations and foundations, and works with alumni, parents, administrators, faculty, staff and volunteers to cultivate and solicit the College’s corporate and foundation prospects.
1. Design and execute a strategic multi-year and annual plan for the Corporate and Foundation Relations program, to help establish and reach or exceed goals. Collaborate closely with other advancement team members to ensure coordinated cultivation and solicitation of corporate and foundation prospects for a prioritized series of needs.
2. In collaboration with the Director of Donor Relations, develop and manage corporate and foundation stewardship program aimed at maintaining and enhancing donor relationships. This includes, but is not limited to, overseeing the submission of timely reports and renewal proposals.
3. Establish broad-based relationships with funding agencies, leveraging trustee, alumni, faculty, staff, and parent contacts.
4. Develop and implement a vigorous program of corporate and foundation visits to maintain and enhance relationships with the College’s core group of prospects, and to initiate relationships with a strategically selected group of new prospects.
5. Develop and record prospect strategies, and ensure implementation of necessary actions and activities to meet those strategic goals. Coordinate the development of briefing materials and proposals for meetings and solicitations. Recommend and help plan visits by trustees, the President, vice-president and other key fundraisers. Recommend best approach and pairing of College representatives. Accompany leaders on visits as appropriate, ensure steps identified from visits are followed up.
6. Monitor departmental progress against established goals, prioritize departmental initiatives and ensure that department activity is closely coordinated with other division activity.
7. Support the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the Provost, Career Services, and appropriate Deans of the College in their interactions with high-level institutional donors, and manage all subsequent stewardship and proposal activity with like donors.
8. Develop and implement an effective communications plan to promote the College’s interest in building relationships with corporations and foundations. The plan will complement and leverage the overall development department communications plan.
9. Monitor the appropriate departmental business, foundation and fund-raising publications to alert the administration to trends or issues that might affect the institution and to advise faculty and staff on funding opportunities in line with college based priorities.
10. Utilize Advance to record, monitor, and report on all aspects of relationship management with Corporations and Foundations.
11. Collaborate with staff in the Research Office to create and maintain a protocol to incorporate foundation and corporate tracking and proposals.
Position/Job Responsibilities continued
A passion for working in a dynamic assessment oriented organization, which values planning, and evaluation. Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years previous experience in corporate and foundation relations or a related field. Demonstrated supervisory and staff and volunteer management experience, strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, experience with word processing, spreadsheet and database programs. Ability to solve problems strategically, demonstrated success in managing multiple projects, and the ability to represent the College effectively within and outside of the College community, and to travel and attend College functions during and after normal business hours is required. A minimum of three years of direct Corporate and Foundation Relations experience, a master’s degree, and previous experience working in an institution of higher education is preferred.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Ithaca College - 19 months ago