The Director of Product Engineering will focus on leading the development of the next generation of Global Products and Solutions for Acxiom.
JOB ROLE SPECIFIC SKILLS:
- The Director of Product Engineering is accountable for the strategic direction of complex Product project operation, function, technology, industry, client, technologies, sites, products, industries and clients.
- This person needs to be a visionary. The focus will be on bringing new Product Perspectives to Acxiom.
- Requires strong digital capabilities and understanding of the digital world. Creative and Innovative thinker.
- Develops and implements standard Product practices and solutions for uncommon, diverse and complex problems.
- Responsible for communication and execution of defined strategy, initiatives and business plans within area of responsibility.
- May have budget/P&L responsibilities.
- Frequent interaction with other leaders and functional peers to lead cooperative efforts. Structured interaction & feedback with clients & client-facing teams.
- Proactive communication of product & engineering priorities & work log.
- Strong Digital capabilities and creative product innovation.
- Communication skills (written and strong presentation skills).
- Interpersonal skills – the ability to balance listening and communicating.
- Proven expertise in development of cutting edge platforms/architectures/solutions.
- Client facing expertise.
PERCENT OF TRAVEL: 40%
- Minimum of 10 years in product engineering, platform management, service-oriented architecture and event driven architecture. Six years of management experience preferred.
- Advanced understanding of technology product development concepts, theories and practices.
- A strong finance/analytical foundation and demonstrated track record of clear strategic thinking, problem solving, data-driven decisions, and strong business analytics.
- Extensive cross-group coordination and strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with team members across the enterprise and/or other companies.
- The ability to build compelling presentations and comprehensive business plans that successfully communicate and drive alignment and inspire confidence among senior executives.
- Candidates must have the ability to prioritize the work and meet tight deadlines, follow up on commitments.
- Ability to work within a matrix leadership environment in order to manage additional resources (technical and non-technical) for meeting the needs of the account.
With a proven 40-year history, a clientele list that includes all of the top advertisers, and a market cap north of $1B, Acxiom Corporation is the clear leader in the marketing services and technology space. The world of marketing has changed dramatically with the proliferation of advanced mobile devices, tablets, cable television channels, infinite array of display internet sites, search, and digital billboards. Consumers are exposed to marketing content at every turn and marketers need to tell them a targeted, sequenced and serialized story to most effectively drive consumer action. The common denominator and necessary tool for every marketer is data. Acxiom’s cutting edge technologies enable the marketer to mine data in a way that allows for a synchronized message that reaches the consumer at the most crucial touch points.
Acxiom has an impressive new senior executive team dedicated to leading Acxiom to record performance results as well as returning the company to a “best place to work” status. New executives include CEO/President Scott Howe (former Microsoft executive with an economics degree from Princeton and a Harvard MBA), CFO Warren Jensen (former CFO of Electronic Arts, Amazon.com and NBC), Chief Revenue Officer Nada Stirratt (former CRO of MySpace and executive at MTV) and Chief Product and Engineering Officer Phil Mui (former strategy leader at Google who holds a Ph.D. and M.Eng. from MIT).
Founded in 1969, Acxiom is headquartered in Little Rock, AR, and serves clients around the world from locations in the United States (Little Rock and Conway, AR; Foster City, CA; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Nashville, TN) as well as multiple locations in Europe, Asia-Pacific and South America.
Acxiom is an EEO/AA employer.
It’s a great time to consider Acxiom for career opportunities!
Receive all new Acxiom job postings by following us on Twitter at @acxiomjobs
United States-California-Foster City
Jan 15, 2013, 6:45:03 PM
Acxiom is an enterprise data, analytics and software as a service company that uniquely fuses trust, experience and scale to fuel...