Plans, develops and implements Employee Services, Communications, Employee/Labor Relations and Training functions for Corporate Contact Center.
Performs Human Resources functions consistent with the people strategies of the Corp HR division and Corporate Contact Center. Must be able to effectively work with and for both the Contact Center leadership and Corp HR.
Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, accountability, impactful performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies and all legal requirements.
Reviews Contact Center operational policies that impact employees for synergies with MGM Resorts vision, mission and values and makes recommendations to ensure that the department is achieving a proactive, responsive people strategy.
In conjunction with and support from Corp HR, performs the Employee Relations function by providing guidance, support, training, coaching, and mentoring to reporting staff to ensure consistent application of policies and procedures. Promotes a pro-active and positive work environment that creates an atmosphere of teamwork and quality service.
Primary resource and consultant to internal customers relative to employee issues, the disciplinary process, leadership training, communication tools and departmental organizational issues.
Executes pro-active employee relations strategies to preserve the company’s status quo labor relations philosophy and anticipate and resolves possible issues before they occur.
Recommends employee relations policies, procedures and practices which support overall business goals and objectives. Ensures the department’s employee relations practices are in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
In conjunction with Corp HR and Labor Relations, suggests content for and assists in conducting training programs to enhance management expertise on employee relations/labor relations matters.
Develops and conducts teambuilding and leadership training to ensure that the Contact Center management group is functioning as a high performance team.
Directs employee facing communications. Oversees and approves all internal communications including but not limited to the pre-shift and reference guide materials.
Directs operational training plan, ensuring that agents are well trained and that their customer services skills and property product knowledge is continually developed.
Assists with the design of the annual all employee survey and resulting data compilation into manageable and actionable information.
Responsible for developing (along with Corp HR and Contact Center Management) functional response teams relative to all employee survey results.
Conducts and attends disciplinary meetings, and recommends the appropriate course of action.
Exercises considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with management, Corp HR, employees, and outside contacts.
Meets with employees on employee relations issues, conducts investigations when appropriate, evaluates situations and makes recommendations to management on proper resolution.
Reviews complaints of harassment, discrimination or retaliation with Corp HR to determine best course of action consistent with company policy.
Principal department contact for questions regarding FMLA and accommodations under the ADA.
Must be able to engage effectively in the interactive process concerning issues of employee disability and in combination with Corp HR determine if a reasonable is necessary and what resources to utilize.
Assists in answering charges from federal or state agencies, including EEOC and NERC.
Designs and generates query reports for Corporate Contact Center on a daily basis to meet the needs of internal and external report requests for departmental use.
Monitors the production of monthly reports generated by corporate for various department and for various requirements.
Assist in the functional troubleshooting and the training of new users on the HRIS systems.
Ensures strict confidentiality of records and information.
Manages special projects as assigned.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- 5 years equivalent Human Resources management experience including Employee Services and Events, Communications, Employee/Labor Relations and Training with emphasis on Leadership and Organizational Development.
- Strong leadership abilities, sound judgment, superior interpersonal, decision making and problem solving skills to effectively manage the HR function for the division.
- A good working knowledge of policies, procedures and laws concerning employee relations and investigative procedures, experience in working in an employee relations management capacity in a call center environment.
- Experience in working with local, state and federal agencies that provide enforcement of the National Labor Relations Act, Fair Labor Standards Act and other legislation.
- Previous experience working with and administering the FMLA, ADA, FLSA and other applicable employment regulations.
- Strong mediation skills required for effective resolution of issues.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- 2 - 5 years experience in a Call Center environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with an emphasis in Human Resources or related field.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 8 months ago