· The Director of Operations will be responsible for managing all aspects of medical practice.
· He/she will closely with the practice physician leadership and the VP of Ambulatory and Physician services to ensure smooth practice operations.
· Provide administrative support for primary care physicians, surgical specialists, medical sub-specialists and mid- level providers.
· Provide support and training for the electronic medical record and medical management system i.e. scheduling, insurance verification, billing and authorizations.
· Supervise staff comprised of practice supervisors, referral coordinators, medical secretaries, and medical assistants.
· Participate in the hiring effort of staff including training, delegating responsibilities, and conducting performance evaluations accordingly.
· Oversee the billing operation including the revenue cycle efforts in the various practices.
· Provide facility support and communicate effectively with the hospital personnel regarding facility issues.
· Implement and enforce a patient and family friendly environment.
Other duties included purchasing, approval/denial of staff purchases, managing service delivery systems, quality improvement, technical support, problem solving, and effective patient relations
· Oversee daily medical practice operations and delegates authority to assigned supervisors and staff members.
· Assists supervisors and staff in developing and implementing short and long term work plans and objectives for practice functions.
· Assists supervisors and staff in understanding/implementing office practice procedures and policies.
· Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluation effectiveness and modifying activities as necessary.
· Ensures that the practice(s) are staffed accordingly to volume and medical providers.
· Establishes and maintains an efficient and responsive patient flow system.
· Supports and upholds established hospital policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, safety environmental and infection control, and codes and requires for accreditation and regulatory agencies for the facility and practices.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
· Minimum of 6 years’ of managerial experience in a complex multispecialty medical practice setting preferred.
· BA/BS required. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
· Experience with electronic medical record and medical manager.
· Skills in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
· Experience with revenue cycle management and medical billing.
· Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a culturally diverse staff and patient/family population, strong customer service skills, demonstrating tact and sensitivity in stressful situations.
White Plains Hospital - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...