This position is responsible for the operating and retention of the company's owner operator fleet. Additional responsibilities include improving efficiency, productivity and reducing overall transportation expense, G&A costs, and providing compliance with government legislation.
• Profitability of $15 million hub and spoke operation
• Management of 100,000 square foot crossdock facility.
• Oversees operational activities to ensure safety compliance and owner operator profitability and fleet optimization.
• Ensure compliance with Federal, State, Local transportation requirements including FMCSA/DOT regulations and requirements.
• Communicates with potential owner/operators throughout the recruiting process.
• Coordinates recruiting trips involving trade shows, truck stops and nationwide seminars.
• Plans, directs, and coordinates the operation of vehicle maintenance and repair programs.
• Participates in the development of the annual budget
• Prepares cost analysis and periodic management and operational reports
• Responsible for the development of fleet administration standards and vehicle operating policies
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field
• 5-7 years of management experience in fleet maintenance and/or fleet performance
• Thorough knowledge of transportation management systems
• Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of vehicular maintenance and repair.
• Thorough knowledge of DOT regulations
• Knowledge of the principles of organization and administration
UniGroup, Inc. - 16 months ago