Responsible for the selection and procurement of company’s product and 3PL service providers and the implementation of processes and reporting structures that result in best in class service at market competitive costing. Oversees organization's transportation, 3PL, carrier management function. Responsible for providing quality carrier capacity for one of the leading 3PL companies including the recruitment, compliance, and performance management of carriers. Accountable for processes related to 3PL carrier capacity management; the implementation of the optimal logistics network aligned with the enterprise business strategies and objectives; and development of service rating and pricing strategies to support business objectives.
• Create and manage innovative transportation sourcing strategies using 3PL transportation providers.
• Responsible for selection of the company's product and service providers, and procurement to drive operational efficiency.
• Develop market contracts, maintain strategic business relationships and build a thorough knowledge base in the logistics industry.
• Develops policies and procedures related to the procurement of goods and services.
• Responsible for managing relationships with vendors and serving as the organization's point of contact.
• Researches, analyzes and evaluates vendors to ensure support to the organization.
• Ability to interface and communicate with a broad range of business and functional groups to identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree.
• 8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Highly effective analytical, decision-making, and written/verbal communication skills.
• Ability to investigate complex business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate and/or present solutions, and resolve problems in a highly professional and tactful manner.
• Highly organized and able to set priorities and perform effectively under pressure.
UniGroup, Inc. - 13 months ago