Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand. Clean garbage cans with water or steam. Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition. |
- Place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Prepare and package individual place settings.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Sweep and scrub floors.
- Clean and prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
- Load or unload trucks that deliver or pick up food and supplies.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Set up banquet tables.
- Stock supplies such as food and utensils in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, and salad bars.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills. Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures. Skills/Aptitudes
English language and professional communications skills are required.Ability to take direction.Ability to work in a team environment.Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.Working Conditions
This position will spend 100% of the time standing.Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.Must be able speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.