The responsibility of the District Manager is to sustain and support a performance and results driven culture for a defined market. The District manager is responsible for all aspects of the store performance focused on generating sales and profit while controlling expenses and inventory. Company expectations will be achieved through recruiting, hiring top talent, motivating teams and developing direct reports. The District Manager is responsible for promoting a positive work environment in all stores while building the Deb brand.
Leadership competencies necessary to achieve core responsibilities:
• Drive Results
• Customer focus
• Hiring and Staffing
• Developing direct reports
• Business acumen
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Integrity and trust
• Motivate and inspire store teams to drive top line sales growth with focus on improving KPI results.
o Total sales, UPT, ADS, WIN, Ecommerce and shrink
• Consistently deliver an engaging and positive customer service environment.
• Demonstrate sales leadership by consistently modeling the actions and behaviors expected of a customer focused brand.
• Continuously assess business performance and create action plans to improve results for each location.
• Motivate store teams to achieve company incentives & contests.
• Manage payroll and other expenses to achieve district and profitability in each location
• Recruit, interview, hire and retain a diversified management team for all positions
• Fill all positions promptly by utilizing and managing succession planning to identify internal and external talent
• Evaluate skills, create and follow up on individual development plans.
• Manage and resolve employee relations issues according to company expectations and standards
• Partner with supervisor and peers to share best practices and build effective relationships with all business partners to build mutually beneficial relationships.
• Interact with customers, network with competitors and engage mall management to maintain a positive public image of the company.
• Assess work results, write performance appraisals and deliver assessments focused on improving personal/store performance and productivity.
• Openly communicate with supervisor and seeks feedback to improver personal performance.
• Recognize below target work performance, urgently address violation of company policies and take appropriate disciplinary action.
• Achieve store and district shrink goal.
• Meet company deadlines; follow up with store teams to ensure compliance to company policy and procedures.
• Manage payroll and expense budgets
• Ensure all employees follow all Loss prevention and safety policies and procedures
• Ensure merchandise presentation and standards are consistently met in stores.
• Support and roll out all company initiatives.
• Follow up to insure all deadlines are met.
• Take on additional responsiblities as assigned by company and RM
• Ability to travel frequently; overnight travel up to 3-4 days per week maybe required
• Ability to work the required shifts including seasonal scheduling requirements as directed by company and RM
• Adhere to all federal, state and local labor laws
Education/ Skills experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
• Multi store experience is required
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Basic computer and math proficiency
Deb Shops, Inc. (DEB) operates 336 women's and men's specialty apparel retail stores in regional malls and strip shopping centers...