All Persons Interested
Accounts Receivable Collections
611 Walker, 10th Floor
M - F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.*
*Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Manage supporting division of the Finance department to provide administration of accounts receivables/collections of the City's multiple revenue streams. Work under the general guidance of the Assistant Director and in accordance with sound finance principles, applicable city ordinances, regulations and legal mandated standards. The position requires strong interdepartmental and external vendor fiscal processes, reporting and other financial controls.
Performs duties and responsibilities corresponding with assigned functional areas within a City department which may include and are not limited to, any combination of the following;
• Execute business processes across the different revenue streams to deliver performance across AR/collections, and 3rd party vendor management
• Full cycle ownership to regularly analyze process performance to identify, prioritize and commission projects that improve metrics measurement and reporting of revenues
• Oversee and drive collections strategies to a diverse business sector portfolio
• Identify, analyze, and mitigate risk types, cash application, billing, and revenue optimization that impact AR and collections
• Execute various policies to address unpaid amounts, uncollectible, and deductions, etc.
• Interact with various City divisions to ensure efficient process flow, resolve issues, maximize revenues/collections, reduce Days of Sales Outstanding, and minimize un-collectibles.
• Must understand various revenue recognition policies and procedures in the public sector
• Help implement new accounting systems or improve established methods, including system specifications, coordinating information processing requirements, and developing recommendations to department management on sub ledger utilization
• Extensive 3rd party management experience to ensure optimal performance by such supporting entities
• Prefer experience with the full revenue cycle of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) either with a hospital or any organization providing billing and collections services for such activity
• Experience with payment recognition and interactions with various state and federal governmental organizations such as Medicare and Medicaid, plus national private insurance providers.
• Must be able to work with various Legal teams in developing communications, procedures, and collections strategies
• Manage the day-to-day personnel functions of the team including scheduling, staffing, performance management and skill development
• Experience interacting with multiple auditing processes, including internal and external auditors, and responding to questions related to areas of management.
Position is physically comfortable.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Engineering or a closely related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Seven years of progressive professional experience closely related to the activities of the division are required, with at least three of the years in a supervisory capacity. A Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a field closely related to the activities of the division may be substituted for two years of experience.
Directly related professional experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
MINIMUM LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
Seven years of professional experience, with progressively more complex/responsible administration experience, with at least 5 years in a managerial capacity. Strong knowledge accounting principles and practices, General Accounting, account receivables programs and Financial Reporting is a desire. SAP accounting, technical financial computer applications, and general ledger management experience with strong management information systems background. An advanced degree in MBA or Public Administration will have priority.
Minimum 3 years of related internal auditing experience in private or public/municipal organizations. High level of proficiency in MS office software, mainly Excel. Technically adept in accounting or financial systems, strong knowledge of SAP applications. Vendor management, contract and bid requirements, internal controls, budgeting and Financials document review and recommendations
Ability to multi-task in a high volume fast paced environment. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to details and accuracy. Effective time management skills. Team oriented. Effective written and oral communications skills. Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
Professional related experience (preferably in the public sector) managing areas of accounting, accounts receivable, collections, vendor management, or financial operations. Must be able to assess compliance with rules and regulations set by local government bodies. Exceptional project management with financial systems and data management
Experience with SAP applications and exceptional Microsoft application skills, including reporting knowledge
Sound knowledge of accounting and Finance strong problem solving skills. Understanding of revenue cycle for medical billing. Multiple years of experience in accounts receivable and collections public and/or private sector.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
Department may administer skills assessment test.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION X No
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification. The salary range is:
Salary Range – Pay Grade 29
CLOSING DATE OTF
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
For application status inquiries or special accommodations, please call Ms. Morrison at 832-393-0204.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
City of Houston, TX - 24 months ago