DLP Security Solutions Risk Assesment Engineer
We are proven partners to businesses in need of information technology solutions. We continue to set the standard for uncompromising client support and technical leadership, and our relationships with Cisco, IBM, and Microsoft provide our clients with category-leading platforms and products. Whether it's hardware, software, networking, services, or support, we provide knowledge, skills, and expertise through principled partnerships with our clients.
This position is part of the CDW Security Practice, a single-source provider to our clients advanced security assessment, design, and implementation. We have more than 150 Cisco Certified Engineers on staff, including engineers for network infrastructure, unified communications, contact center, IP telephony application development, security, storage and wireless. With more than eleven years of Security experience, CDW has completed more than 1,000 Security projects. CDW is a Cisco Gold Certified Partner, the first Security Master level partner, and has been named Security Partner of the Year for 2006, 2007 and 2008, marking six straight years of Cisco Partner awards due to our high customer service ratings and advanced technology expertise.
Purpose of the Position:
The Assessment Specialist position performs risk assessments on customer networks using provided tools. Handles multiple assessment projects within a fast-paced environment while open to constant challenge and change. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with all internal and external contacts. Identifies, addresses, mitigates and reports risks to the Assessment Coordinator as well as the Security Solutions practice.
- Follow DLP/Risk Assessment Methodology to ensure proper engagement.
- Work with customers to install the DLP assessment tool, gather data, and perform risk analysis.
- Troubleshooting technical issues with customers during the assessment.
- Manage all tasks associated with each assessment project and relay issues and status regularly to the Assessment Coordinator and/or Team leader
- Prepare and present high quality deliverables by communicating information clearly, concisely and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Working with CDW Security specialists and solutions architects to develop hardware, software and services quote to accompany the final deliverable.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Engage in ongoing security industry education
- Achieve and maintain security industry certifications
- Achieve and maintain DLP vendor specific certifications
- Thought leadership including the creation of whitepapers and editorials
- Occasionally present DLP concepts to groups of 15-30 customer representatives
Minimum Basic Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Four-year degree in business or computer-related field or equivalent experience.
- Second Level Help Desk or Call Center experience
- Two or more years work experience in a consulting position
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to work well with teams and independently
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Strong understanding of computer networks, servers and data centers
- Strong understanding of directory services (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP)
- Network and system troubleshooting skills
- Candidates must be able to perform technical tasks such as:
- Install and configure enterprise software, e.g. Oracle
- Diagnose network problems in technical evaluation environments
- Understand network deployment architectures
- Advising prospects on deployment best practices
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Awareness and understanding of financial and business goals and drivers
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic customer environment, with ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in team's knowledge of and concern for customers' business needs
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, with willingness to initiate communication with a large and diverse customer set
- Strong dedication to detail and organization
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (face to face & over the phone) with an ability to express complex technical concepts in simple terms
- Security certifications CISSP, CCNA, CCSP/CCNP and/or CISA
- Bachelors degree in computer science
- Previous Data Loss Prevention assessment experience
CDW - 23 months ago
CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare. A Fortune 500 company, CDW features...