About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with approximately 1,600 attorneys in Chicago, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Munich, New York, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Shanghai and Washington, D.C. Our practice consists of sophisticated corporate transactions and litigation matters including antitrust and competition, intellectual property, restructuring, real estate, tax, benefits and estate planning, white collar criminal defense and securities enforcement, regulatory, environmental, energy, commodities, communications, securities, creditors' rights, private equity and venture capital. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions and leveraged buyout and venture capital firms.
Essential Job Functions
The Chicago office is seeking a DMS Engineer 2 who will be responsible for day-to-day engineering and 3rd level support for the Firm’s Document Management infrastructure. This includes daily application administration, end user support, maintenance, operations, documentation and validation of all DMS components. The DMS Engineer will serve as subject matter expert for the overall DMS environment, including third-party tools and integrating applications. Engineering support responsibilities will include client side configuration, matter-centric workspace configuration, design and setup of web-based collaboration spaces, IDOL indexer support, SQL table manipulation, and 3rd level user support.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
• Maintain the DMS server environment including upgrades and application patching.
• Maintain and collaborate with the Desktop team in the end user desktop configuration.
• Oversee/conduct document import/export tasks using approved processes and procedures.
• Conduct DMS administration tasks (such as user, group, document, and security adds/changes/deletes) using approved processes and procedures.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex DMS Operations issues.
• Work with vendors as appropriate to resolve complex problems.
• Document system map, data sources, and maintenance procedures per management direction.
• Other development and support duties as requested.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The candidate must have a BA/BS in computer science or related field, 5 years of direct experience in DMS management, Autonomy products and 3-5 years of SQL experience. Additional requirements include:
• Autonomy iManage V8.5 and 9.x in a Matter Centric environment experience
• Experience in administration of Autonomy iManage (end user as well as DMS infrastructure support)
• Autonomy iManage WorkSite application configuration and support
• Autonomy iDOL Indexer support
• Working knowledge of Ethical Walls within the Legal industry preferable
• Experience with DocAuto tools such as WorkSpace Manager or Import/Export preferable
• MCSE preferable
Candidates must also have the ability to provide 24x7 support via pager on a rotating schedule. Must be able to respond to calls within ½ hour and access the system via a firm-provided laptop within 1 hour when on-call. Must also be available to work nights and weekends when required for systems maintenance and support.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in anyway for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.
Kirkland & Ellis LLP - 13 months ago
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a law firm with approximately 1,600 lawyers representing global clients in complex litigation and dispute...