DOC IMAGING SPECIALIST
Location: ST. MARY'S HOSPITAL, RICHMOND, VA
Department: HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day, Evening
Hours: 7:00am - 3:30pm; 10:30am - 7:00pm
This position is for current Health Information Management employees only.
This position is responsible for a variety of tasks in multiple areas of the Health Information Management Department including but not limited to: answering the phone, greeting and assisting customers, retrieval of documentation; pickup of patient records and logging receipt into the department.
1. A high school graduate is required.
2. Two years of previous office experience, preferably in a medical office environment, with solid knowledge and experience using computers. Health Information Management experience is required.
3. Two years previous experience in document management with an electronic archival system, highly desirable.
4. One year previous experience with SoftMed ChartScan and ChartView applications, preferred.
5. Proven intermediate to proficient computer skills.
6. Work requires a high level of accuracy with the ability to concentrate on detailed information for extended periods of time.
7. The ability to employ tact and courtesy at all times to patients, visitors, co-workers and other hospital personnel ensuring excellent customer service.
8. Requires the ability to: be mobile; move to all areas of the department and facility; and be able to lift objects weighing 10-20 pounds at a minimum, consistent with normal office work using lifting techniques demonstrated/discussed in orientation.
9. Ability to work in fast-paced team environment, handle multiple tasks and prioritize work.
10. Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other clinicians for problem resolution.
Bon Secours Health System - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Bon Secours Health System, Inc. based in Marriottsville, Maryland, is a $3 billion dollar not-for-profit Catholic health system that owns,...