General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as an Aeronautical Drafter at our Research & Development facility, Spanish Fork, UT.
Under general supervision with some detailed instructions and with intermittent review, using computer-aided design (CAD), plans layouts, drawings, and revises detailed part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, established references, and standard data. Makes frequent simple decisions in absence of clear-cut precedents. Completes details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices.
- Utilizes Aeronautical practices and standards to create new or completes revised drawings showing dimensions, tolerances, tabulations, and appropriate sectional views in accordance with established procedures, machinist handbooks, and vendor catalog data.
- Working from engineering notes, written instructions, and detailed sketches with some latitude for independent action, prepares readable detailed drawings, parts list, sketches, schematics, assemblies, and installation drawings for engineering or manufacturing purposes.
- Verifies own completed work, checking dimensions, materials to be used, and quantities.
- Incorporates changes to existing drawings including redrawing or tracing as appropriate and making rearrangements of views according to instructions.
- Uses standard CAD digitizing techniques and skills required to perform the required tasks. These may include but are not limited to creating and modifying 2D or 3D wire frame or solid model geometry, and creating and changing text, dimensions, or part lists.
- Revises CAD or hand drawn board drawings as needed
- Maintains records, files, drawings and part lists, or other data essential to the completion of engineering drawings as required.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is
conducted on behalf of the company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- 23 months ago - save job
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...