Ardaman is one of the largest geotechnical, materials
testing, and environmental engineering consulting firms
in the Southeastern U.S. We are, by most definitions, a
large regional engineering company. Over our history, we
have worked on more than 100,000 projects throughout the
Southeast, the U.S., and worldwide. This vast list of
project experience includes services for virtually every
type of public and private client associated with
development and construction.
Ardaman has the following opportunity available:
JOB SUMMARY: A driller assistant will assist the driller
in solid stem and hollow stem auger drilling techniques.
The assistant will help move, set up and operate
drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes for
geotechnical exploration test borings. Site
investigation/geotechnical drilling is done to determine
the soil characteristics on construction sites. Work is
outdoors in all weather conditions. The work is
generally physically demanding.
to 80 lbs.
- Ability to lift drill steel and materials weighing up
parts of the drill pipe when it is being lowered into
- Label sample containers as directed
- Assist driller in maintenance and repairs to drill rig
- Expediting field supplies
- Performs duties at multiple job sites
- Performs yard duties at direction of driller
- Assist in measuring test boring locations
- Load and unload trucks
- Smoothly and quickly connect and disconnect the lower
and raised from the hole
- Catch samples of drilled cuttings to be analyzed
- Assist in installing monitoring well casing and
site, set up in the new site
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Help move drilling rigs and equipment from site to
mud, and equipment and tools used to correct problems in
- Help obtain drilling core samples
- Dig and clean mud pits and drains
- Assist with well development and pumping tests
- Operate equipment such as pumps for air, water and
lubrication and cleaning
- Carry out minor maintenance and repairs, including
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience preferred, but will train
- Mechanical skills preferred
- Class A or Class B CDL license a plus
- Must pass company background checks including drug
- Must have an excellent driving record within company
Local candidates preferred; no relocation.
Pay rate is $10 - $15 per hour depending on experience.
Ardaman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value
workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all
interested parties including women, minorities, veterans
and persons with disabilities. Ardaman is a Drug Free
Division/Department : AAI
Req. Code : AAI-DrillAsst-SAR0430
Tetra Tech puts technical know-how to work. The environmental management, consulting, and technical services group focuses on resource...