Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity and a gratifying career? The industry leader Boart Longyear Rotary Driller’s Assistant position is just for you. We realize being a Driller’s Assistant can be a tough and physically demanding position; however we’re looking for people who are willing to work hard and not afraid to get dirty.
Our drilling services are the global industry leaders in the application of rotary, core, sonic and percussive drilling. Our global teams of rotary drillers are skilled, knowledgeable, safety-focused and committed to our customers and our business. With this position, you will be placed on a highly motivated team who is responsible for a Boart Longyear drilling rig. At Boart Longyear we conceptualize, engineer and manufacture our legendary drilling rigs. With our extremely skilled drillers and well-built drilling rigs, Boart Longyear has an impeccable safety record.
In a global environment, Boart Longyear Rotary Drilling Services is the client choice in the industries we serve; some of the work includes minerals exploration, environmental soil samples, water wells, geo-thermal and infrastructure. Rotary drilling involves using a drill bit at the end of a hollow pipe. The drill bit is constructed of very strong steel wheels that are attached to the end of the pipe or a solid bit that can be encrusted with diamonds (PDC). As the pipe is spun in a circle, the rotary drilling bit turns and chews the earth and rock out of the way. Rotary drilling is able to bore much farther down through the earth than any other form of drilling; reaching up to 14,000 feet.
Provide semi-skilled labor assistance for drilling crews. This could include the operation of various types of equipment/machinery, including:
- Mobilization in setting up drill sites
- Hauling supplies to and from the drill site
- Manual material handling
- Mixing drilling fluids
- Obtaining optimum life out of all site equipment and tools
- Maintaining and keeping equipment clean
Education and Experience
- Pass a drug screen, background check, physical and functional agility test and pulmonary function test
- Have a good driving record
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be able to lift 100 pounds repetitively
- Be able to crawl, squat and carry materials for extensive periods of time
- Be able to work at suspended heights
- Be willing to be gone for a range of 14 to 30 days at a time, work in remote locations and adverse weather conditions
- Be able to work long hours (up to14-16)
Typically requires a High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
Boart Longyear offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k program with employer match, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Boart Longyear - 10 months ago
Boart Longyear is the company to call if you need to dig yourself out of a big hole -- literally. The company manufactures drilling machiner...