This position performs, coordinates analyzes and monitors DOT/Fleet programs to ensure all applicable standards are met or exceeded while ensuring that drivers’ records are current and in compliance with any state, federal laws as well as with any company required trainings and or certifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note applicants out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations and related compliance issues
- A minimum of two (2) years of prior working experience as an over-the-road driver.
- Experience as a dispatcher within the transportation industry
- Possess Basic to Intermediate Computer skills in programs such as MS Word & Excel
- Must be able to communicate (written and verbally) in English & Spanish at an intermediate level.
- Knowledge of safety standards for vehicles, transportation and inspection requirements
- Must possess ability to communicate DOT/Fleet concepts clearly and concisely to all levels of employees.
- Ability to identify problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Must be able to process alpha/numeric information accurately
- Possess good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Possess strong self-initiative and ability to work independently with little or no instruction.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays and weekends as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Light work: Lift/carry up to 15 pounds.
- Moderate typing-data entry.
- Ability to communicate.
- Ability to bend regularly.
- Ability to sit and stand alternately.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to think logically.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions precisely.
- Process and maintain all drivers’ records current and in compliance with federal and state regulations. Enforce field compliance controls
- Monitor compliance of road transport activities and federal highway regulations
- Conduct/assist new driver orientation and any retraining for offenders
- Prepare and maintain records of all driver citations and DOT inspections.
- Process all drivers’ fines and warnings. Follow-up to ensure timely and accurate resolution.
- Prepare and submit waiting time report.
- Prepare and submit off-duty report indicating the drivers’ name, date off-duty and reason, etc.
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance with company standards and any state or federal regulation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Process drivers’ payroll including local, over-the-road and Houston area, which involve, verifying of trips, rates, mileage, confirm with the corresponding TIR. Making necessary copies and forward to Accounting Department, File accordingly and Distribute checks on Friday.
- Maintain all record and log books to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations (includes driver daily log, maintenance log, inspection reports, accident records, etc.).
- Research and respond to all drivers’ payroll question(s).
- Prepare reminders for drivers (advising of upcoming expirations, physicals, training, etc.), and attach to corresponding pay check(s).
- Maintain log of drivers Port ID’s. Issue reminders and notify port authority of Port ID renewals and terminations.
- File all documents/logs accordingly. Transfile periodically and maintain transfile log (excel spreadsheet) as practical reference.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Receives direct supervision from the Compliance Manager. Does not exercise supervision over any position.
- Work is performed primarily in office, occasionally in vehicle; exposed to changing weather (temperature & humidity) and outdoor environments, during day and night shifts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to dust, fumes, and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee will occasionally drive automotive equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Report safety hazards.
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage.
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed by immediate supervisor.
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules.
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation.
- Participate in safety meetings and training.
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change