Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is the industry-leading manufacturer of high performance mobile electronics, founded in 1978. Alpine is the only manufacturer specializing in mobile multimedia, an integrated system approach incorporating digital entertainment, security and navigation products for your mobile entertainment. As a consolidated subsidiary of Alps Electric Co., Ltd., one of the world's premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronic equipment, Alpine is the specialized supplier of quality mobile electronics systems.
The Senior DSP Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of the advanced signal processing algorithms with good knowledge of microcontroller and DSP software for automotive audio applications to ensure customer requirements are met. The Engineer will reside at our Farmington Hills, MI location.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
• Develops DSP algorithms and has good knowledge of microcontroller and DSP programs (visual basic) for automotive audio amplifiers.
• Develops or modifies PC-based DSP Equalization tool that interfaces with DSP based audio amplifiers.
• Conduct software requirements, design and code review.
• Reviews customer software specifications and ensures that they are understood by Alpine engineering teams in the US and in Japan.
• Communicates with Alpine Japan to answer customer requests and concerns.
• Performs systems engineering tasks as required.
• Use CAN tools to complete component and system level validation on amplifiers and other audio components.
• Prepares periodic reports on activities and development of program to be used by management.
• Continuously work to gain product, customer, and competitive knowledge building towards increased customer confidence and satisfaction.
• Meets with the customer at customer’s location on a weekly basis in order to maintain the business relationship, and resolve any pending issues
• Writes test plans and conducts software evaluation of OEM products and systems as required.
• The desired engineer will have BSEE or equivalent from 4 year college or university. 5- 7 years of automotive DSP experience and/or training along with:
• 2 years of design experience using Visual basic
• Ability to generate DSP flow charts and algorithms
• Experience in audio S/W development in automotive industry
• Knowledge of Microcontroller and DSP assembler language is preferred.
• Experience in CAN tools is preferred but knowledge is required.
• Software design and testing experience for audio products is required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated team player who demonstrates initiative and flexibility.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, required.
We offer competitive salaries with an excellent and comprehensive benefits package and a great work environment. Alpine values its members as individuals, and is committed to forming an energetic and attractive company where the quality of work is enhanced
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - 18 months ago