Do you want to use your experience in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) research, innovating products that change the world and improve lives? We are currently looking for a DSP Research Engineer to join our renowned research team located at our international headquarters located in Minnesota, USA. The DSP Research Engineer will be responsible for the research and development of digital signal processing algorithms for advanced hearing aids.
Research signal processing algorithms for one or more product functionalities:
Participate in and contribute to general DSP research and development activities
- Propose the research project plan
- Review the existing literature, competitive products and patents
- Propose a set of algorithm candidates
- Prototype the algorithm candidates using simulation and/or various research platforms
- Evaluate the algorithm candidates based on a combination of laboratory evaluation, field evaluation and benchmarking
- Select the final algorithm
- Generate the research report
Work with DSP Firmware Engineers to bring the researc results to products
- Participate in and contribute to the relevant professional conferences
- Participate in and contribute to the DSP Journal Seminar
- Participate in and contribute to the competitive analysis efforts
- Participate in and contribute to the benchmarking efforts
- Participate in and contribute the intellectual property related activities, such as patents
- Provide input to the firmware requirements definition
- Work with the DSP Firmware Engineers to identify and make the design trade-offs
- Provide technical support to the clinical validation efforts
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field requireed.
- A minimum of 3 years of applicable experience is required for candidates with a Master's degree. This requirement may be waived for candidates with a Ph.D. degree.
- Advanced knowledge of digitial signal processing and its applications required
- Knowledge of audio signal processing desireable
- Knowledge of hearing aid desirable
- Knowledge of cochlear implant desirable
- Knowledge of psychoacoustics desirable
- Knowledge of acoustics desirable
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Matlab and C/C++ required
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficiency in numerical reasoning and analysis required
- Proficiency in troubleshooting required
- Attention to details required
- Background in fixed-point algorithm development desirable
- Background in real-time signal processing desirable
Transforming the hearing care industry
Starkey Hearing Technologies is a recognized world leader in high quality audio technology. We serve our customers by providing a broad range of hearing devices that meet a variety of hearing needs. Through unsurpassed customer service practices, we strive to bring a human touch to hearing healthcare. Starkey Hearing Technologies' family of companies includes Audibel, Micro-Tech, NuEar, and Starkey. Starkey Hearing Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits of employment
We offer our full time associates a full benefits package that includes a generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) plan, Profit Sharing, 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Health and Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability and Flexible Spending. What's more, we're committed to helping our associates attain their full potential through in-house and on-the-job training, and tuition reimbursement.
Starkey Laboratories - 2 years ago
As a Starkey Hearing Technologies’ brand, Starkey is much more than the hearing aids we produce. Starkey is an experience. One that...