The role of the DSP Software Engineer is to design,
write and test production-quality system and embedded
real-time software, critical to DSC’s electro-optic
surveillance systems. The DSP Software Engineer works
closely with developers, engineers and scientists to
optimize signal and image processing between complex
hardware and software systems. Works under minimal
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and implement Embedded DSP software for future
• Work with other engineers and scientists to develop
and implement new and improved system capabilities
• Adapt and optimize R&D algorithms to
• Work with the software team to accelerate internal
· Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science, Software
Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
· At least 5-10 years experience designing, writing, and
testing embedded real-time software
· Familiar with 1D signal processing techniques in
receiver implementations: discrete time, DDC, FIR/IIR
filtering, FFT/STFT processing.
· Familiar with TI DSP (fixed point, floating point)
· Familiar with the TI tool chain (Code Composer Studio,
debugger/emulator, DSP/BIOS, IMGLIB)
· Experience designing and implementing digital signal
processing on high data rate systems
· Familiar with various optimization techniques,
including: cache management, critical timing,
scheduling, multithreading latency/throughput
optimization, I/O bound and memory bound considerations
· Experience working in a collaborative SW environment
(SDLC, Agile SCRUM).
· Strong organizational and coding skills.
· 5-10 years experience with programming in C.
· Excellent problem solving, debug, and lab skills. Must
understand both hardware and software and how they fit
· Candidate must meet eligibility requirements for a
security clearance by the U.S. Government within a
reasonable time after commencement of employment.
· Education: MSEE, MSCS, or MS ECE
· Experience with Python or MATLAB
· Experience with multicore DSP
· Experience or background in:
o Computer vision, CUDA/OpenCL, and/or OpenCV
o Object & feature detection and tracking (1D and 2D)
o Control theory, optimal filtering/prediction.
The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to frequently sit, and reach within hands
and arms length.
- Regularly required to use office equipment such as
PC, printer, telephone, etc.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision and use of computer monitor
screens a great deal of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an
office with daily interaction in the
- The noise level in this environment ranges from low
Digital Signal Corporation is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a friendly,
business environment with a competitive salary and
benefits package. All job offers are contingent upon
successful completion of background and reference
Digital Signal Corporation (DSC) - 9 months ago