Operate various electronic equipment associated with worldwide distribution of DVIDS video, audio and data in the Encompass Technical Operations Center (TOC).
- Set audio and video levels in accordance with FCC guidelines
- Ingest DVIDS audio and video materials into Isilon server
- Log and title all files of ingested material
- Encode audio and video material for "live" Webcasts and video-on-demand applications in the appropriate formats: Windows Media and RealMedia.
- Perform basic editing for encoding jobs using NT workstations and Macintosh.
- Transfer encoded material to an FTP server or streaming media server.
- Operate various tape machines formats
- Operate routers, patchbays and timecode generators
- Prepare Shift Reports
- Have the desire and ability to stay current with the evolving technology in the rapidly changing communications industry.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum one year of electronic theory in college or technical school
Two years of experience working in a Satellite or Broadcast communications environment.
Must have excellent communication skills
Willing to work flexible hours including holidays, nights and weekends
Understand signal flow in a Satellite or Broadcast communications environment
Must be familiar with waveform monitor and vector scope
Proficient in using Windows and/or Macintosh computers and the Internet prefered
Strong troubleshooting skills of audio and video workflow preferred
Understand world television standards preferred
Basic editing skills preferred
Work Environment :
The nature of this position requires the employee to work in a highly technical environment. This position requires the ability to work at a fast-paced and potentially high-stress level. From time to time medium lifting will be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.