Provides general support in the planning, formation, management and maintenance of damage prevention programs in order to proactively prevent and reduce third party damages, while maintaining compliance, in recording and reporting damages to Washington Gas facilities.
· Responds to internal and external customer’s request and calls for assistance related to damage prevention.
· Participates in meetings on action items, and enhancements to current processes with damage prevention stakeholders.
· Creates, tracks and accesses data systems for damage prevention; interacts with business units reporting to Regulators.
· Receives schedules and maintains documentation associated with all Locate requests involving transmission pipe or blasting when used as a method of excavation.
· Maintains a working knowledge of regulatory/jurisdictional code requirements and company policies/procedures specifically related to damage prevention and leak survey in the Company service area.
· Participates in the training and qualification of internal and external personnel.
· Provides back-up support in the investigation and documentation of third party damages, inspection of ROW and exposed main, and patrolling of pipeline.
· Performs electronic and field contract performance/quality audits.
· Develops relationships with contractors and other utilities and serves as technical advisor on Company practices.
· Prepares reports and presentations.
Job Description - Requirements
Bachelor’s degree (or 4 years of experience in construction and/or maintenance operations).
· A minimum of 4 years of experience in construction and/or maintenance operations.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of natural gas industry preferred, including a general working knowledge of natural gas distribution operations.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of Federal, state, and local codes and standards related to damage prevention preferred.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of mapping and documentation systems, and electronic locating equipment.
· Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors and peers.
· Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex messages both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences at all organization levels.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully identify deficiencies and resolve disputes with Company contractors.
Washington Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, or other legally protected status.