National Journal seeks a highly-motivated entrepreneurial individual to join our organization as a Data & Insights Research Analyst.
The mission of the Data & Insights team is to understand how the most effective practitioners in Washington accomplish their work and teach these findings to the membership at-large through a broad portfolio of innovative products and services, including quantitative research, benchmarking and other diagnostic tools that enhance operational and strategic planning.
We are currently seeking an individual with proven analytical skills, deep intellectual curiosity, and a passion for fact-based research to develop and implement new, data-driven products and services. This individual will collaborate with internal team members — as well as lobbying and advocacy executives in the DC marketplace — to design, execute, and report on quantitative research initiatives that both identify and address critical policy advocacy challenges.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Design and launch surveys and collect, organize and analyze data, distilling key insights for an executive audience
- Translate findings into top-level recommendations supported by high-quality graphics, presenting results to senior managers (verbally and in writing)
- Prototype Excel-based diagnostic tools and draft PowerPoint-based research deliverables in advance of final production
- Provide support through other activities such as scheduling interviews and meetings, and preparing materials to be vetted by senior managers prior to market-wide publication
- Highly proficient at conducting data analysis and skilled at synthesizing qualitative and quantitative research
- Original and creative thinker, able to distill large amounts of information into relevant actionable insights
- Excellent time management and judgment, demonstrated proficiency at managing simultaneous projects from start to finish
- Strong verbal and writing skills, exceptional at creating graphical representations of data
- Outstanding technical and data management skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (VBA knowledge a plus) and proficiency in SPSS or at least one statistical software package
- Exceptional academic performance
- Minimum of 3 years post-undergraduate experience with training in research design and statistical analysis
Atlantic Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Atlantic Media Company - 13 months ago