Market leader and innovator in online video services, leading provider of Real-Time optimization solutions for live and on-demand video streaming services is looking for a strong, motivated data analyst to work with data mining team and with premium content publishers to analyze data and help make critical business decisions.
This can be a very senior Data Architect level position or this can be a more junior role for a person with strong math and statistics background, some data mining experience, with keen interest in online video delivery domain, and a lot of enthusiasm in learning new technologies.
The company collects statistics on billions of streams a month from a large number of premium content publishers in the online video space. You would work with these content publishers, collect requirements, prepare and present statistics on video quality and audience engagement, help make meaningful decisions, and prepare industry-wide publishable statistics. The depth of quality and audience statistics for online video collected by the company's software platform is unparalleled in the industry and top candidates for this position should be able to identify new trends, new opportunity for analysis, and innovative interpretation and presentation of data.
*** The company values talent and enthusiasm and provides very generous compensations packages and flexible schedule with opportunity for partial telecommute. The central office location ensures easy commute to all places in Bay Area. ***
- Use and develop data mining tools and portals for analysis and reporting of online video streaming statistics
- Interpret statistics with the appropriate business context and guide toward business decisions
- Prepare professional presentation of data in spreadsheet, document, and slide formats
- Prepare requirements for data products by engaging directly with content publishers and work with the team to execute on these products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced high-tech environment and strong desire to work for a dynamic growing company.
- Data mining and statistical analysis experience.
- Experience with mining large datasets using SQL, Hive/Hadoop, or similar technologies
- Ability to work on challenging data mining problems in online video space.
- Must be focused on data accuracy and must represent data with integrity.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Statistics
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Must be confident in communication internally and with customers
- Experience in business data analysis for major media companies.
- Advanced degree in mathematics or statistics from top schools. PhD is preferred.
Elti Solutions is a global talent search and recruiting company specializing in providing growing firms with top quality executive,...