Posting Job Title: Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Data
Requisition #: 145907BR
Posting Location: Coppell, TX, US
Area of Interest: Finance/Accounting
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Position Summary: The Business Intelligence (BI) Data Analyst will be responsible for the development and production of regularly scheduled and ad hoc data extracts and reports in support of the Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance organizations of TWC Business Services. This position will serve as a subject-matter-expert in understanding the structure of business data in key Business Services information systems, and will be skilled in the use of various data extraction and reporting tools to gather data and transform it into meaningful and useful information. Additionally, the BI Data Analyst will be responsible for working with business partners across multiple operating teams to gather requirements for report design, development, and report production scheduling. The Analyst will also be responsible for the consistency and integrity of reporting data. The BI Data Analyst routinely interacts with key personnel (up to and including Executive Management) to meet all Business Operations reporting and data presentation objectives.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensures the overall efficiency of Business Operations reporting across business units; continually reviews quality and ensures data integrity for all presentations
- Works closely with data owners and other data modelers to identify the appropriate sources of data for a proposed application, report , or data warehousing extension
- Interviews business users to obtain data requirements for analytic applications
- Works with data stewards to evaluate the condition of those data sources; prioritize the data sources; and define appropriate improvements in reporting
- Works with data owners and other data modelers to define appropriate logical models that accurately reflect existing business processes
- Assumes ownership of one or more data elements and is the central contact point in the organization in terms of reporting for information about the origins and revisions to those data elements; responsible for the accuracy of the data in these elements, both within operational applications and in downstream data warehouses and reports
- Knowledgeable in programming methodology, computer software, report generation methods, data communication and transaction based processing
- Deep knowledge of the business, core processes, and how data and applications connect and communicate
- Experience in Microsoft database technologies.
- Proven ability to prepare and present quantitative information in a professional format that is easy to interpret.
- Understanding of analytical metrics and applying mathematics to business problems.
- Familiarity with database modeling tools.
- Familiarity with SQL Server Reporting and Analysis Services
- Background in software development a plus
- Bachelor's degree from a four year-college or university in Business Information Systems, Statistics or other quantitative/computer science discipline preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Formal training in BI methodologies and practices preferred
- 3+ yrs in depth experience using MS Office tools and products (Specifically Excel and PowerPoint)
- Minimum of 3 years job specific work experience in a Multi-Service Provider environment
- Minimum of 4 years working in a BI environment
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ449
Controlling Establishment ID: 00351 - Coppell Canyon Dr
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 14 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...