Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for over half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. We are currently seeking a Data Analyst I to become a member of our Media Post Buy Production team. A thirst for knowledge will enable the candidate to learn and adapt solutions to the ever changing needs of our clients in the Media industry. This position includes data manipulation, validation of client deliverables, implementation of process improvements and interaction with internal MSA teams. The ideal candidate will develop a sense of ownership, accountability, and expertise on all assigned projects. Experience working with databases, a strong math background, and the ability to apply logic & deductive reasoning to resolve problems are also necessary skills for this position. In order for a candidate to be successful in this position, they must be detail-oriented and be able to multi-task in a rapid turn out environment. This position will be a key player on a team of seasoned professionals, in a mature business that has been growing for over 30 years.
- Query, extract and validate data from client databases in order to fulfill client and internal requests. Understands the data and processes used to produce intended results.
- Identify problems based on project documentation and processes. Research problems and present findings to team lead.
- Perform quality assurance functions to validate data, software, hardware, or procedure changes
- Review processes, looking for ways to improve performance, improve turnaround, and reduce risk. Present suggestions to team leaders and work with them to implement approved changes.
- Maintain detailed documentation and adhere to standard operating procedures
- Communicate with team members on project assignments
- Understand strategic goals for respective area and align personal goals
- Attend ongoing training to achieve personal, professional, and technical improvement
- May assist in the training of new employees
- Establish ownership, accountability, and expertise on assigned projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minor in math preferred.
- Exposure to SQL
- Relational database experience and data analysis
- SAS, Oracle, PL/SQL, and Appworx a plus
- Analytic and problem solving skills
- Communication skills, both written and oral
- Data mining and manipulations skills and knowledge
- Technical skills and learning to work on multiple platforms
- Basic time management skills
- Able to multi-task
- Knowledge of database structure
- Basic MS Office applications
- Ability to translate and converse about technical and analytical issues to the technical and non-technical divisional employees
- Responsible for assigned project work under direct supervision of higher level staff
- Meet operational expectations for on-time delivery and quality data
- Logical thinking
- Ability to learn, implement, and adapt quickly
Since its incorporation in 1963, Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) has established itself as the foremost developer and supplier of...