Under general supervision the Technical Operations Specialist coordinates the daily collection, reporting, analysis, and benchmarking in support of Field Operations.
In addition, this person performs analysis to determine present and future operational performance relating to Field Operations. Gathers, analyzes, prepares, and summarizes recommendations for operational plans, trended future requirements, forecasts, etc.
The analyst will also develop reporting and tracking tools that may be used by others to gather information about Field Operations operational performance. May research assigned areas, provide benchmarking, project support, and perform a wide range of administrative duties.
• Compiles and extracts data for Field Operations using multiple software applications and databases.
• Performs on-going analysis of Field Operations performance including tracking and analyzing performance and reporting actual performance to standards; analyze performance trends and impact on goal achievement.
• Assist Field Operations team in identifying issues that may adversely affect Field Operations performance.
• Pursue new technologies and new data sources to enhance reporting capabilities.
• Maintain various database tables by inputting new or changed information. Assures database and report correctness by checking data accuracy, applying reasonability checks, maintaining audit trails.
• Responsible for the documentation of business rules for all reports generated.
• Uses a variety of database software techniques to produce various media tools such as: reports, charts, graphs, lists and memos with exposure to SQL Server and ACCESS databases.
• Interprets available data to point out significant trends in operational statistics, and prepares conclusions and forecasts based on those trends.
• Foster a good team environment by creating positive working relationships.
• May partner or support other business units as assigned.
• Performs other functional area duties, as required to meet business needs
The above accountabilities are not meant to reflect all duties specific to this job”.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Possess professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication techniques
• Near vision acuity required for extensive use of PC, calculator and reference materials
• Ability to perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands and fingers to use a PC keyboard calculator, fax and other standard office machines
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time
• Required – Associates Degree in related field
• Two or more years experience with Windows-based computer and strong knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Access
• Three or more years experience designing databases, preparing statistical analysis and reports.
• Ability to write macros, use Oracle, ESSBase and other advanced techniques.
• Proficiency and knowledge of the company billing system preferred
• Proficiency with system-related tools
• Proven ability and experience with data collection, reporting and analysis.
• Ability to make projections and identify trends based on statistical analysis.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to organize information using various tools, including but not limited to the following types of software: database management, spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation packages.
• PC keyboarding skills
• Self-managed, self-motivated.
• Good presentation skills.
• Excellent collaborative problem solving skills
• Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks, and problems.
• One year of research and analytical work.
• Two or more years with Windows and MS Office software, including Access.
• Professional, fast-paced, multi-tasking, customer focused environment
• Ability to work in climate-controlled areas
• Ability to work outdoors for short periods of time
• Exposure to typical office environment
Please read carefully:
Suddenlink Communications is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Suddenlink Communications via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Suddenlink Communications. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Suddenlink Communications as a result of the referral or through other means.
Suddenlink - 10 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...