Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum helps protect more than 25 million working people and their families in the event of illness or injury.
Headquartered in Chattanooga Tennessee, Unum has significant U.S. operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts and Glendale, California with 35 field offices nationwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Participate in, or facilitate, business process and requirement sessions to fully understand the requirements and the data necessary to support those requirements.
· Translate data requirements into a logical data model that includes an entity-relationship diagram of entities, attributes and key structures as defined by the Unum standard, for moderately complex to complex business initiatives.
· Capture and maintain system documentation (i.e., metadata).
· Convert the logical data model into a preliminary physical data model in conjunction with Database Administrator and/or Application Developer and make sure that variances between the logical and physical design are understood and documented.
· Ensure that documentation is up-to-date, understood by and available to business and/or IT partners.
· Apply knowledge of the insurance business and detailed knowledge regarding the data stored in specific company databases with an objective of re-use whenever possible.
· Perform data mapping activities (e.g., source to target mapping).
· Support / Perform data related testing/validation.
· Assist in the development of information management practices.
· Completes administrative tasks, status reporting etc., as required by manager.
· Mentor to Data Analyst I.
· 3 – 5 years experience in insurance and information systems.
· Experience in logical and physical data modeling and normalization of data.
· Broad, deep knowledge of at least one segment of the insurance business (i. e. Group, Individual, Voluntary).
· Knowledge of insurance company data, products and business practices.
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
· Proven presentation skills and facilitation skills.
· Ability to explain complex concepts to a diverse audience.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks while paying close attention to detail.
· Good research and problem-solving skills.
· College Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
· Meets the standards for this position, as defined in the Talent Management framework.
Unum offers world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas. For more information and to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.unum.com/careers
Unum is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of a person
's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender or sexual orientation.
Unum - 6 months ago